Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless controllers for htpc...

Options
  • 14-02-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hey all,

I have an xp pc connected to my tv, currently just using it for watching DVDs and videos. I was thinking of getting some kind of wireless controller for playing games, like mame, or other emulators, something like a gamepad (megadrive style) or something with a stick, like this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wireless-Joystick-Arcade-stick-4-XBOX360-PS2-PS3-PC-NEW_W0QQitemZ320488159132QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_ComputerComponents_JoysticksJoypadsGamepads?hash=item4a9e95379c).

I was also thinking about a wireless keyboard with built-in mousepad or trackball, but maybe a bit cumbersome, esp if stretching back on the sofa.

Any disadvantages of using wireless over wired? Lag?

I was wondering what any of you use in similar setups, or what would you recommend? I have a usb remote for the pc, but if the wireless controller or stick was capable of some kind of navigation within the frontend, this would be a bonus.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any good replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭ondafly

use an xbox 360 joypad with the MS xbox wireless adapter (pick them up on ebay for 25 euros)

Advertisement