Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband Download Limit

Options
  • 14-02-2010 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi out there,
    We have a new bundle with Perlico that gave us an upgrade to 3 Mb , a free wireless modem, it is called Freedom Talk with Freedom 3 Mb Broadband.
    The downpit is, that you have a download limit of 36 Gb, and with the new bill out, we were told to be 56 Gb over the limit.I could not believe it.
    We were charged Euro 48.80 extra for the month of January.
    In Perlicos Terms and conditions for Internet access on their website is stated:
    1MB Always On Broadband, up to 3MB Broadband Plus, Freedom Bundle and Freedom Plus Bundles
    Downloads in excess of the limit will be charged at 0.01c per MB. Capped at €49.00 per month.
    Broadband Lite (20 hours per month)
    Downloads in excess of the time limit will be charged at 0.03c per minute. Capped at €34.99 per month.
    For Pay As You Use Broadband
    Usage in excess of 250MB is charged at 0.01c per MB. Capped at €29.99 per month.

This would mean,that access downloads should be charged at 0.01 cent per Mb, or 10 cents per Gb. So our Download in excess of 36 Gb should have been charged at about Euro 5,60 instead of the capping of Euro 49.00.
    When I rang Perlico,first they did not want to hear about it, but when I insisted and quoted the Terms and Conditions, they very quickly agreed to waive the charges.
    In my opinion, they realized, that there is a mistake in their Terms and Conditions, that was not noticed before: Instead of 0.01c per Mb it should read 0.01 euro per Mb charge for downloads in excess of the download limits.
    That leaves a lot of Questions for people that were over the limits with their Downloads and got overcharged by Perlico up to the capping of Euro 49. Can they claim that money back?
    Also it legally would mean, that if you entered into a contract under the quoted Terms and Conditions with a minimum duration of 12 months, could you either insist that Perlico keeps the excess charge at 0.01cent per Mb or could you insist on a contract to be cancelled without penalties?
    At the minute these Terms and conditions are still on their website here,
    they will probably change them soon.
    So I like to here your comments and maybe you keep Perlico busy with your complaints, if you feel to be overcharged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Davek1312

Yeah I am on the same package as you and have just received my latest bill for 177.17 euro!

I was charged 49 euro for going over the download limit because I cannot view my usage because they say they are having trouble showing it or some bull****.

I don't know why my bill was so high but I have decided to switch to UPC and having UPC 15 meg installed on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Why anybody has broadband with Perlico is beyond me, awful service from an awful company.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perlico have been charging customers for going over the cap for years its been well documented on this forum,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

There are 1000 Megabits in a Gigabit not 100 :p

(well, 1024 if we're going to be pedantic about it but no company seems to count like that)

Edit: oops, read it wrong...

Did you perhaps go 56 Gigabytes over the limit or was it Gigabits?

If it was Gigabytes then you need to multiply the 56 by 8 to get gigabits.

Therefore 56 Gigabytes = 448 Gigabits, multiply this by 1000 to get Megabits and then by your cost per megabit and your final cost is 4480c or €44.80 I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

am currently trying to break my contract, my wireless broadband stutters every 15-20 mins, annoying on the net but a killer (litteraly) on xboxlive. I rang them and their doing a line check but they said its most likely due to wireless bb being unreliable.

Anyway i singed up for wireless bb and now their tech support say if have to use wires if i want it to work. So imo im not getting what i signed up for, ie wireless bb and hopefully will be set free, have 7 months left.

Am thinking of going with inmagines wi max

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Murtinho wrote: »
    Anyway i singed up for wireless bb and now their tech support say if have to use wires if i want it to work. So imo im not getting what i signed up for, ie wireless bb and hopefully will be set free, have 7 months left.

Am thinking of going with inmagines wi max

If Perlico works via a ethernet connection but not via wireless the problem with wireless could be very much outside of Perlico's control.

You signed up to ADSL Broadband and thats what they are giving you, if it doesn't work via wireless this may be down to enviromental interference within your home/area or just the construction of your home.

Advertisement