Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel manta stolen in roscommon!!!

Options
  • 14-02-2010 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Does anyone recognize the van in the pics in THIS thread?? it was used to steal an opel manta off a total opel member. van is a white fiat ducato reg no 00 D ****/06 D ****/08 D ****, nobody can make the number out (including the gardai)
    van also distinctively has four large spotlights across the top of the roof. if any one sees this van, can you please take the number, and pass it on to the authorities.
    thank you to the mods for letting me put this up.;)
    sean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

I might of made out the reg using photo enhancement, its not relly clear but I make it out as <snip>. I ran the reg on AA and it comes back as a Fiat Ducato 2.8 Diesel. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Kojak indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 blinky78

think that might be false plates as that ducato is the same model as i 1 i had and it was the 04/08 model .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I'll definetly keep an eye out for it, what direction was the van going in ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

It's definitely 06, but I can't make out the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

kojack wrote: »
    I might of made out the reg using photo enhancement, its not relly clear but I make it out as <snip>. I ran the reg on AA and it comes back as a Fiat Ducato 2.8 Diesel. Hope this helps

I have removed the reg you posted as it could well not be related to this at all, and it doesn't seem fair to be posting it on the internet if so. Send it by PM to the OP if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Spotlights above the windscreen are a pretty distinctive feature on the van

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

car has now been found, mods if youse want to close this thread now please do so.
    thanks all for your help.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...oh no, tell us more - did 'Kojak' s reg help ? Enquiring minds want to know !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

yes it did, but apparently van and driver were innocent parties. thats all i can say atm i'm afraid, but yes kojack hit the reg spot on.
    well done and thank you to him!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Great news about getting the car back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ha?

- Thanks for the summary and conclusion!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

excellent news on getting it back. Van and driver innocent? Must have been a tiger kidnapping.

right basically it was a situation where the guy that took the car was sold it by a third party that didn't even own the car, so he got a van and trailer and took it thinking he'd bought it!! sadly the car wasn't recovered before he'd cut the roof of it, but the parts of the car have all been returned and the owner has been compensated for the roof, so he's a happy bunny again........ :D
    so there youse go. now youse know as much as i do, lol!

Advertisement