Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 98 drivers?

Options
  • 14-02-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hey all im just after dual booting windows 98 with windows xp and i cant find some of the drivers for windows 98. The main driver i would like to find atm would be my wireless usb adapter driver. it works fine in xp and is listed as RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card. But i cant seem to find the driver for windows 98. Could somebody tell me where i could find it or if one even exists for 98?
    Also if anybody knows about windows 98 drivers for NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS and SoundMAX Integrated digital audio could you please help. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Why would you want to do such a thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

Yeah, I'd love to hear why your going that old school!!

For the 7600GS you're out of luck, NVIDIA stopped supporting Windows 98 with the GeForce 7 series (GeForce 6 still worked). There's no hits on Ralink's site for the RT73 either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

OP, why not look for custom driver packs.

Maybe www.driverpacks.net or somewhere like that will have what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

testicle wrote: »
    Why would you want to do such a thing?

I have some old games i'd like to play.
    jonny24ie wrote: »
    OP, why not look for custom driver packs.

Maybe www.driverpacks.net or somewhere like that will have what your looking for.

Thanks i'll check it out

• Advertisement

ryanch09 wrote: »
    I have some old games i'd like to play.

They must be ancient if they won't work in XP...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

lol they are! warcraft 2, fs98...

FS98 works in XP...

And here's how to get Warcraft 2 in XP - http://www.doctort.org/adam/nerd-notes/warcraft-ii-on-windows-xp-a-step-by-step-guide.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

can you run them in compatibilty mode ?

create a short cut to the game and edit it's properites or something

you are relying on the good will of vendors to write 98 drivers for newer hardware :(

Advertisement