Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to run a 98 diesel nissan terrano on veg oil

Options
  • 14-02-2010 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

:cool:I am hoping that I can run my 2.7D 1998 nissan terrano on a mix of diesel and vegetable oil. Has anybody tried this. I have been reseaching on line and have seen it done with no conversion kits with old mercedes and volvos. wonder will it damage my much loved but expensive to run 4 x 4:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Thread moved

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

:cool:I am hoping that I can run my 98 nissan terrano on a mix of diesel and vegetable oil. Has anybody tried this. I have been reseaching on line and have seen it done with no conversion kits with old mercedes and volvos. wonder will it damage my much loved but expensive to run 4 x 4:D
    Are you thinking of new or used oil. New oil can be used if you mix it with about 5% petrol. Used oil has to be filtered and treated to remove water first. You also neet to check if the Nissan pump will be ok with veg oil. I ran my Hi Lux for a few thousand miles on new oil/petrol with no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 earthprince

Thanks dave. Do you mean that I should put a small amount of petol in each time I put in the vegetable oil. It's a diesel terrano:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

Thanks dave. Do you mean that I should put a small amount of petol in each time I put in the vegetable oil. It's a diesel terrano:rolleyes:

i know a guy who ran his nissan van on used chip oil for a gud while the only thing was the smell of chips just drain the water from filter ever now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

Veg oil is too thick and will burst injector pump seals. It needs about 5% petrol added to each fill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭DirtyDiesels

ahrite lads,

whats the deal if your stopped by customs and dipped and youve got, veg oil and petrol and %50 diesel mix in your tank???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

ahrite lads,

whats the deal if your stopped by customs and dipped and youve got, veg oil and petrol and %50 diesel mix in your tank???

its not bright green or red so i doubt theyd notice tbh , it would be a bit yellow so theyd just think there was oil or dirty diesel in there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They don't look at the colour of the fuel, customs test for a reaction that turns the test agent red.
    You should be fine, unless you are running on green diesel.

Advertisement