Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movin on up.

Options
  • 14-02-2010 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

I think its time that I move on from my NSR (She is running grand again but I'm just tired and bored of the poor old beasty)
    I'm still on the provisional but have booked in the test so I'm looking for recommendations on a bike. Budget is nothing huge but all I'm really looking for is reliability and a bit of go to her even when restricted to learner and then the first two year limit.
    So what do ye reckon I should look for? and does anyone wanna buy an NSR? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Asok wrote: »
    I think its time that I move on from my NSR (She is running grand again but I'm just tired and bored of the poor old beasty)
    I'm still on the provisional but have booked in the test so I'm looking for recommendations on a bike. Budget is nothing huge but all I'm really looking for is reliability and a bit of go to her even when restricted to learner and then the first two year limit.

vfr 400 is the best intermediate biokre i
    n the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Asok wrote: »

what cc? how much? might actually know someone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

If your looking at 600's then Bandits or SV's are a good choice. It all depends on what type of bike your into (Faired, naked, cruiser and so on)

An SV is a V-twin and will have a good steddy power band even when restricted. Drag has one, get onto him to see how it is.

Bandits are ultra reliable and lots of them about for spairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Cheers for the advice lads! Neighbour out here has a bandit I think, it looks damn nice :)

weeder I'll drop ya a pm with the details.

As for the style of the bike I'm pretty open, Rather fond of the sportsbike style but tbh I can see me back being wrecked after the first 150k+ drive. I've not driven any other types really so not overly exposed to what they are like to ride.

As for CC I was looking at around 400 - 600 and will have to get it restricted to the learner limit anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jaak

Go for a CBR 250, u'll get insured on it easier than 400cc sports bike and they are fairly reliable for the age of some of them, with plenty of power :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement