Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí appeal for witnesses to Dublin crash

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What a stupid concept.

What is any member of the public going to be able to contribute?

"Yea, he lost the back wheel coming round that corner, maybe he hit an oil slick, maybe that manhole cover was like glass or maybe his back tyre was low on pressure"

Gimme a fvcking break, they'd be better off catching the idiotic car drivers that put so many bikers lives at risk every day.

GWS to whoever it was, hopefully the accident wasn't too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Or maybe they thought their was the possibility for it not to have been a single vehicle accident?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Or maybe they thought their was the possibility for it not to have been a single vehicle accident?
    A man in his 30s was injured when he lost control of his motorcycle on the Moyne Road at around 6.15pm.

If they thought of it as anything other than a single vehicle accident they would not have said what I just quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

KamiKazi wrote: »
    If they thought of it as anything other than a single vehicle accident they would not have said what I just quoted.

They would if the rider said there was another vehicle involved...they only have his word on it, most riders would probably say "the car ran me off the road"....:rolleyes:.... thats why they're looking for witnesses....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

There's nothing about it on the Garda website so it didn't come from the Garda Press Office. Probably the infamous "un-named spokesman".

• Advertisement

trad wrote: »
    There's nothing about it on the Garda website so it didn't come from the Garda Press Office. Probably the infamous "un-named spokesman".

That guy always has a lot to say....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 george159

That's my friend who crashed there and it wasnt a single driver accident, there was a bleeding car involved, which went on brakes all of sudden and my friend had to go on breaks too and slipped down. He's in a bad condition...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 george159

jimmyendless - you idiot, that guy is in a very bad condition, but you cant understand that, cos as your name says your stupidity is endless...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,939 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not sure what they'll gain from finding a witness. Even if someone does come forward to say that the car braked, how do they know the car didn't have legitimate reason for braking suddenly? Your friend should have been keeping a safe distance.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Stark wrote: »
    Not sure what they'll gain from finding a witness. Even if someone does come forward to say that the car braked, how do they know the car didn't have legitimate reason for braking suddenly? Your friend should have been keeping a safe distance.

coulda shouda, there is oviously more to it if the cops want witnesses

also his friend is hurt so show some sympathy don't just declare it was his faulf you wern't there you can't know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,939 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I'm being entirely unsympathetic, just saying not to get hopes up. At best, the driver will get charged with leaving the scene of an accident, though they could claim they were unawares if there was no collision involved. I can't see him being able to make an insurance claim off the driver.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    I'm being entirely unsympathetic,

you mean sympathatic here?
    just saying not to get hopes up. At best, the driver will get charged with leaving the scene of an accident, though they could claim they were unawares if there was no collision involved. I can't see him being able to make an insurance claim off the driver.
    not as cut and dried as you think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Tigger wrote: »
    not as cut and dried as you think it is

I'm sorry but that's about as cut and dried as you can possibility get in a motor crash. Its your responsibility to maintain a safe distance from the car in front and if you smack into them because they braked hard(or lost control and went down) its your problem. Its called tailgating and its driving stupidity of the highest level.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

george159 wrote: »
    jimmyendless - you idiot, that guy is in a very bad condition, but you cant understand that, cos as your name says your stupidity is endless...

What are you talking about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

george159 you cannot call other posters an idiot. Please read the charter

I thought the op's query was legit.....hope the guy's ok too...

I'm sorry but that's about as cut and dried as you can possibility get in a motor crash. Its your responsibility to maintain a safe distance from the car in front and if you smack into them because they braked hard(or lost control and went down) its your problem. Its called tailgating and its driving stupidity of the highest level.

if all thayts true thgen why are the cops looking for witnesses

you can't answer that so its no as cut and dried

i agree that if the bike crashed into the car simply becayse of stopping distance negligance then it would be cut nd dried but what (for example i hacve no idea but i'm just suggesting) if the car's break lights were both broken...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

George,

I understand how you're feeling but I can't allow you to abuse another poster. We're all bikers here and generally get on well, I'm sure the Jimmy didn't mean anything by it.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, strange circumstances and ended up costing me a grand to fix a brand new bike afterwards. Also lost 4 years ncb :(

Thankfully I walked away. I hope your mate gets well soon ;)

KTRIC wrote: »
    . We're all bikers here

qft

Advertisement