Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon 2010 on the way

Options
  • 13-02-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Great to see quick progress on completing the Shannon 2010 scenery for FS9 and FSX, the Eiresim team have got together with the old IFSD group to get a high quality version of Shannon ready for our enjoyment.

"Eiresim proudly announce the forthcoming release of Shannon Airport, 'Gateway to the West'. Shannon Airport (EINN) is a significant international airport with both modern and historical importance to transatlantic flight and air traffic control. It serves over three million passengers annually. This title is premium grade scenery showcasing the latest animation and optimisation features for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

The airport covers 2000 acres on the rugged west coast of Ireland on the Shannon Estuary, beside Foynes where flying boats once commenced their voyages. The main runway is 3200 metres and there are 30 stands.

As part of this release, Eiresim like to announce a merger with Irish Flight Sim Design who have co-developed this release (Nick Whittome & Graham Smith). IFSD have extensive experience in scenery products for Microsoft Flight Simulator dating back to 2002 and IFSD will now exist under the Eiresim brand"

I'll be looking forward to getting my hands on this, I fly a good bit between shannon/galway/kerry/cork in FSX when I'm feeling homesick :)

I hope somebody will do the Aran Islands one day in photo quality...that would be amazing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭jasonb

Aran Islands would be excellent alright! As I'm doing all of my flying from Weston in RL, does anyone know of any Weston packages for FSX our there? Thanks...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Original Steyr

Any pics? Will this be free to download?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Thank you EIRESIM, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Any pics? Will this be free to download?

Go to eiresim.com and go to they're forums for lots of pics.
    Edit:
    Scratch that theres a trailer on the eiresim.com home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Will be payware AFAIK. Rightly so though, a lot of work has gone into this and i'm sure it will be good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm a beta tester for this, but credit is due to Terry for such a good job. AES compatability and all! :D

In answer to my own question above about Weston, I did some of my own searching and found a comment here on Boards about Vatéir.

So I downloaded their Weston Scenery ( AFCAD ) file and put it in the correct directory in FSX. I booted up FSX and it looks great, much more accurate than the small single tarmac runway with no taxiways that comes with FSX.

However, I've one major issue with it. I can get over the runway being in a different location than before ( so, when I boot up the flight, my plane starts on the grass near the runway instead of on the runway ). However, a lot more awkward are all the trees growing all over the taxiways etc. I assume these tress are put there by FSX as it doesn't expect a runway / taxiway there.

Anything I can do about this? Thanks!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

what weston afcad did you get, if it's the one from vateir, try looking on avsim for one that might suit,

Thanks for the reply...

I found a Weston file on Avsim, I'll try it at home tonight...

J.

Thanks for that advice!

I originally got the Vatéir one, and it had the trees in it.

Then I got one from Avsim, and the trees are gone! So thanks a lot, it looks a lot better than the default FSX one...

J.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If there are trees in unwanted places just turn down autogen in your scenery options. We didnt place them there intentionally =P

Ah, I know that, but was hoping to find a solution that meant I could still have the same level of autogen, and the Avsim file seems to have done that for me!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

Shannon just released, and its well worth the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Looking forward to FSX version, video of FS2004 looks cool but i bet it will be lovelier! Hope frame rates aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

When I tried it for FS9 it was moving like a greased otter on a slide covered in butter, at both day-time and night-time.

Advertisement