Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lease Issue

Options
  • 13-02-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've a question.

I moved into an appartment in Sept 2008, signed a one year lease, it was a bit small so in Sept 2009 when another place in the same building became free I asked the landlord and moved in.. noticed a few weeks later he had written by hand "Apartment 6a new 1 year lease" into the rent book, I never noticed, he said nothing and tbh I didn't think much of it, but now I need to move due to work and am wondering what position am I in legally?

Is it a new 1 year lease from last November or am I still in my original lease and can I just give 4 weeks notice as per my original signed lease?

2 months rent as deposit, have always paid the rent on time, never had any issue with him.

Landlord isn't the easiest of people in his early 70's so negotiation would be fairly futile tbh.

Any answers appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement