Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i unbrick wii?

Options
  • 13-02-2010 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi

Really hoping someone can help here. My bf and I bought a wii in Korea 2 years ago, it came with a modded chip and we never really asked any questions just presumed it's be great for being able to play games bought in both Korea and Ireland.

Anyway we took it home with us but only got around to setting it up today. Worked fine for a while then a new screen came up as if it was downloading something (all the writing is in Korean so no idea what it said). Now when the wii turns on it won't go past the first screen which says to press 'A' to continue.

Googled this and figured out that it's bricked. However I hve no idea about anything remotely techy and can't understand how I could unbrick it or if it's even possible :o

I'd be really grateful if someone could help
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

it *may* be possiable to remove the wii Key (i live in fear mine will be bricked some day)

If you in the city centre (of Dublin) , theres a games shop on the bottle of tolbet street (just up from the bomb memorial) that may be able to help!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tannytantans

Thanks so much for the quick reply :) Would you be able to PM me the name of the shop if you know it? I could make a trip up next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

pm me i should be able to help

Advertisement