Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote Raindance!

Options
  • 13-02-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭

Time to make our voices heard and stick it to all those commercial, corporate club brands that dominate the dance music media... VOTE RAINDANCE for the best UK club in the DJ Magazine/Trackitdown awards - together we can show them that the underground is alive and strong, we don't need corporate sponsorship, the help of overpaid agents to find the best DJ's or VIP areas to have a good time!

Let's tell the world about where the real party's happening!

Visit http://www.top100clubs.com and vote Raindance!

n299719584875_94.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

How about we keep having a good time at underground events of our choosing, instead of needlessly pimping an event for a meaningless poll?

This is like voting for unknowns to get into the top of the DJ mag top 100, even if they make it, they'll still be rubbing shoulders with Tiesto...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

give it a rest mate :rolleyes:

why couldnt you start a thread about the poll and ask people what club they would vote for and then maybe give your reason why you chose raindance.

instead you went off on an "i hate commercial clubs and superstar djs" rant

its a bit ironic claiming we dont need big corporate sponsorship but wanting to win the poll anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

tman wrote: »
    How about we keep having a good time at underground events of our choosing, instead of needlessly pimping an event for a meaningless poll?

This is like voting for unknowns to get into the top of the DJ mag top 100, even if they make it, they'll still be rubbing shoulders with Tiesto...

I see your point however..

The whole point of this is to make a statement.

Dance music media usually centres arounds clubs like Ministry Of Sound and the likes, with big corporate sponsorship,etc, this is to show that a promoter like Raindance who have been going the longest of them all and are still going, do not need to change their style or format,Raindance could've easily been as big if not bigger than Ministry or Cream,etc but it has remained true to it's roots, trust me if you ever go to a Raindance Rave you'll know what i mean, it's about making a statement nothing else!

Advertisement