Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website testing issue!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

hi,

I'm building a website myself and at the moment I'm just figuring out the layout that I like. When I preview the page in safari, on my mac, this message appears at the bottom left of the window where it normally reads, Done;
    one error in opening page. For more information, choose Window > Activity.

When I follow the instructions, it shows that there was a problem with one part of the page:

the issue is with the address:
    file:///Users/Clive/Desktop/web%20design/loading.gif

and the status of this address reads:
    The requested URL was not found on this serve

I dont know why this is happening, its not a major problem but I would like to solve it. I don't have any gif's on the page and I didn't call anything with the name "loading" either. If anyone could help figure out how to remove this or where to find the problem, it would be great. As the website hasn't been put online yet, I cant send you a link but if want to see my code for the page I can send you that.

Thanks

Clive

Comments

Advertisement