Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life On Mars USA - Disappointing ending

Options
  • 13-02-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭

Well I missed Life On Mars first time around and when I saw the USA remake on Bravo thought it would be worth a gander. It seems that the 2 series' broadcast on BBC was cut to one series in the states and has the worst ending since Dallas wrote off a season to a dream.
    The last 15 minutes of the series writing off the entire season as a feckin dream from a guy on his way to Mars
    :mad:

Very disappointed - my question is ... Is it worth giving the BBC version a go ??

Comments

Well I missed Life On Mars first time around and when I saw the USA remake on Bravo thought it would be worth a gander. It seems that the 2 series' broadcast on BBC was cut to one series in the states and has the worst ending since Dallas wrote off a season to a dream.
    The last 15 minutes of the series writing off the entire season as a feckin dream from a guy on his way to Mars
    :mad:

Very disappointed - my question is ... Is it worth giving the BBC version a go ??

hey pal, don't judge BBC version on that. it is so so different, and far more realistic. Give it a go. far better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The BBC version is much, much better.

Give it a shot, You won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hey pal, don't judge BBC version on that. it is so so different, and far more realistic. Give it a go. far better!

yeah this was an attempt by the yanks at this great series

the main guy in the american version is actually a Paddy and they also had Colm Meaney as Gene Hunt in the Pilot, but none compares to Phillip Glenister even if you are Harvey Keitel who looked way too old
    completely different ending for the British ending, the Americans had to wrap it up in one season as the ratings weren't there for it
    anyone else feel they are dragging it out with Ashes to Ashes?

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah this was an attempt by the yanks at this great series

the main guy in the american version is actually a Paddy and they also had Colm Meaney as Gene Hunt in the Pilot, but none compares to Phillip Glenister even if you are Harvey Keitel who looked way too old
    completely different ending for the British ending, the Americans had to wrap it up in one season as the ratings weren't there for it
    anyone else feel they are dragging it out with Ashes to Ashes?

i dont think so. im hooked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

It was cancelled though and at least they gave it an ending which you don't often get with shows cancelled in the US.

I quite liked it and was raging it was cancelled.

• Advertisement
Advertisement