Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Openoffice bullet point problem

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I'm writing a document in openoffice which I want to look decent in Microsoft word.
    I tried opening it up in Microsoft word viewer and the bullet point symbols were completely messed up.
    Is there any bullet point symbols in openoffice that don't look garbage when viewed in Microsoft word?

I don't have Microsoft Word so I'm stuck with using openoffice for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JuneBug29

There has been a recent post about auto saving to .doc format and i suspect that your problem is that you're saving to .odt? I could be wrong but if you haven't set open office to save automatically to .doc and it's saving to .odt, then this could cause a problem. I have open office set to save to .doc format automatically for full compatibility. I don't know if saving to .odt can cause these problems but that is the first thing i think about when reading about you problem. If you are not saving automatically to .doc look up the post on this forum regarding this topic. It has screen shots and is very straightforward. If you stick with saving to .doc you shouldn't have any problems. I use bullet points all the time in projects and have never found this to be a problem as i always save in .doc format. For this reason i suspect this is your problem. Check it out and see if it works. If not feel free to PM me and i will be only happy to help you out. Open source software is fantastic. Learn how to use it and you will be able to do anything you want to do, exactly as you would with proprietary software. Hope you figure it out and as i said, if you don't PM me. Best of luck :D

Advertisement