Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help identifying an indie song (possible Irish band?)

Options
  • 12-02-2010 10:07pm

This will be brief. I have the following lyric in my head, "Give up your day job, and buy yourself a caravan" I can't remember much about it and google let me down!

I think it's called "day job" but I have no idea. I think it may be an Irish artist and I think phantom in the good old pirate days used to play it a lot.

Cheers,

Papa S.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Think it's a NPB song or else was on the radio when i heard them and it's now driving me crazy too. Other possibilities - Brando or Blotooth...

You can find Brian D over on the phantom board or drop him a PM i'd guess he'd be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

Its "Give Up Your Day Job" by Blotooth. Its on their myspace of you check that. Phantom used to play it loads a few years ago and some members of that band went on to form Juno Falls.

Brilliant. Just need to find somewhere to d/l it.

Thank you both very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

yeah, give up your day job by blotooth. blotooth disbanded and became juno falls. juno falls disbanded and pretty much just became myles o'reilly operating under the moniker of juno falls but more as a solo artist. he's gone a little off the wall of late, more into making videos than anything.

the song was on a compilation album a while back called 'it's all good' - you should be able to find that somewhere

Advertisement