Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be possible to do OL Biology for the Leaving Cert outside of school?

Options
  • 12-02-2010 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi

i was just wondering would it be possible to do Ordinary Level Biology outside of school for the leaving cert?
    or if not which science subject would you suggest?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

My brother is doing OL Biology for the Leaving Cert my himself,he reckons it quite easy,he got advise from the Science teacher at our school that Bio was the easiest sci subject to take yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Biology would be the easiest science subject to do outside school. However,if you are good at maths, why not take the physics route? Or if you are intrested in chemistry, why not that?

The experiments could pose a problem, but not too big. There are days in colleges which do all the experiments in one day.

For OL it would be very possible to achieve a decent grade, but if you only what to pass,then it is very achievable to this outside school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Evan93 wrote: »
    There are days in colleges which do all the experiments in one day.

Cool. Which college is that? I heard NUI Maynooth only does 6 experiments in a day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

pathway33 wrote: »
    Cool. Which college is that? I heard NUI Maynooth only does 6 experiments in a day :(

Sorry,I don't think they do all the experiments in one day, but they do a few. I'm not 100% sure, so don't take my word. I have a vague notion that I heard someone saying that you could get them all done in one day somewhere. Sadly, I can't say if this is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hannah1994

hi, im in a similar situation. im going into 6th year but didnt choose biology as one of my subjects... would it be possible to manage a b3 in ordinary level for college entry by teaching myself at home ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Very doable. Biology is probably the most suited of all the sciences to do at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

it's possible to manage an A1 in HL for someone
    it depends on the person and their attitude
    you can teach yourself pretty much everything

Advertisement