Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 year contract with a 6 month break clause

Options
  • 12-02-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

What exactly does that mean?

Googling around I found out that usually means that I have to stay for a minimum 6 months and after this period I can break the contract whenever I want.

Let's say I stay 8 months, on the 7th month I hand my notice to the landlord and there should be no financial penalties for me, is that it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

leandro wrote: »
    What exactly does that mean?

Googling around I found out that usually means that I have to stay for a minimum 6 months and after this period I can break the contract whenever I want.

Let's say I stay 8 months, on the 7th month I hand my notice to the landlord and there should be no financial penalties for me, is that it?

CORRECT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,262 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You will need to check the wording. Potentially what they are saying is they won't entertain a rent revision within the year, but are happy for you to leave after 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 leandro

Hmmm. What is written is:

"
    FIXED TERM: 12-Month Contract, 364 days... (6 month break clause)

MARKET RENT REVIEW: Effective Annually From The Commencement Date

"
    By the way, Thanks :D

Advertisement