Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Whats the Different Between Linear and Non-Linear in Photoshop CS4?

• 12-02-2010 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ blathnaid21

Hi Guys,
    I'm doing a course in Photoshop CS4 at the minute and theres one part i didn't get which is about Linear and Non-Linear.I am wondering what the different between Linear and Non-Linear when it comes to the history part of states in Photoshop CS4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭ dazftw

I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly?

Are you talking about the history palette? If you are maybe its to do with how they are displayed linear or non-linear?

Just googled this and I think I was wrong and this should answer your question:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7497a.html

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ blathnaid21

Ya its d history palette i'm talking about.just d linear and non linear makes no since 2 me in d history palette and whats d different?can anyone explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,279 Rb

Where abouts is the D history palette?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭ DaireQuinlan

Ya its d history palette i'm talking about.just d linear and non linear makes no since 2 me in d history palette and whats d different?can anyone explain?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭ lee_

Rb wrote: »
    Where abouts is the D history palette?

Is it between the 'C' history palette and the 'E' history palette?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭ 5uspect

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7497a.html
    Allow Non-Linear History Makes changes to a selected state without deleting the states that come after. Normally, when you select a state and change the image, all states that come after the selected one are deleted. In this way, the History panel can display a list of the editing steps in the order that they were made. By recording states in a nonlinear way, you can select a state, make a change to the image, and delete just that state. The change is appended at the end of the list.

Simples.

Advertisement