Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 PVC windows

Options
  • 12-02-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

I need to get the 4 windows in my house replaced. I have no idea how much this will cost and a price on a website seems too much trouble for window companies.

I have 1: 5ftx5ft
    2:4ftx3ft
    1:3ftx3ft

All need to open, basic white, double glazed, argon filled etc.

Presume they will remove the timber ones?

Are the window sills on the inside included?

What would be the difference in cost between these windows and wooden effect ones?

I know I will have to get a few guys out for quotes but I can't take time off work to meet them so I need as much info as possible so I can book a week off when they come to install.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

hi, I can give you approximates but its important to realise that there is a massive difference in quality available. You will get what you pay for. I'll convert you measurements to mm and get back to you this afternoon. As far as cost difference between the 'wood effect', yes there is and there is a choice of colours - rosewood (mahogany) and light oak.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Hi, apologies for not getting back to you yet. I'll log in tomorrow and get that price for you. Would you be looking at self fit or fitting provided by the company that sells you the windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh, getting them fitted by the company! Thanks for reply.

Advertisement