Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost mail

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently moved into a new place.Haven't received any mail since I moved in,including 2 packages,esb welcome pack,sky card.etc etc.

Regarding one of the packages,an post customer serviced advised the postman attempted delivery and left a slip.He didn't,I was there.
    I am thinking that the postman is delivering to the wrong address,Is there any way to sort this?

I asked in the depot as I was collecting the packages as I had the tracking numbers.
    He just asked silly questions like was it the correct address,is the number clearly visible on the door.

Any help?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

check if another house has the same address in a different location.
    We have got stuff for someone in another town same county same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

Have you spoken to the postman himself? Let him know you have moved in etc.. Its possible the old tenants have asked him to forward mail or give to a neighbour etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Moonbeam wrote: »
    check if another house has the same address in a different location.
    We have got stuff for someone in another town same county same address.

Right,got some mail today.The address on them were slightly different to what I have on my lease.Missing others,its very strange.
    gibo_ie wrote: »
    Have you spoken to the postman himself? Let him know you have moved in etc.. Its possible the old tenants have asked him to forward mail or give to a neighbour etc...

Nope,.I havent spoken to him,cause I dont know what time he comes.I'm missing very important mail.Getting very frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Send a letter to yourself and see if it arrives.

Or indeed, send a postcard to

The Postman,
    c/o TestTransmission,
    TestTransmission's place
    TestTransmission town.

And ask him why you aren't getting mail. :)

Check that your lease and actual address do match.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Victor wrote: »
    Send a letter to yourself and see if it arrives.

Or indeed, send a postcard to

The Postman,
    c/o TestTransmission,
    TestTransmission's place
    TestTransmission town.

And ask him why you aren't getting mail. :)

Check that your lease and actual address do match.

That was recommended to yesterday,might try that.

Im also thinking the address on my lease might be wrong,thanks for all the help

• Advertisement
Advertisement