Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sexy Road Safety Adverts?

Options
  • 12-02-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

What are your thoughts on getting a road safety message across by sexualising it?

Does the end justify the means?

Edit: Can a mod embedd the video for me? Doesnt seem to work, not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

That works as well as any other "shock and awe" style ad we've seen, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The emergency services dont seem overly rushed in gettign to the girl. Lots of sauntering going on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

That's what they get for having sex on the side of the road. All it takes is for one driver to to loose concentration and you'll be hit by a car.

In Brazil there are hotels that you can rent by the half hour for that sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Stekelly wrote: »
    The emergency services dont seem overly rushed in gettign to the girl. Lots of sauntering going on.:)

Yeah, I thought that too. Really rushing to that emergency

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

This is the best safety ad I've seen in a while, it gets the point across as well as any of the 'shock' ads without going too far imo. Very cleverly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,034 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Stekelly wrote: »

Why bother, half her head is missing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

stevenmu wrote: »
    This is the best safety ad I've seen in a while, it gets the point across as well as any of the 'shock' ads without going too far imo. Very cleverly done.

That really is a terrific ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Shed be fooked if she had back injuries if she wasn't dead that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Now thats a road safety ad. *rings RSA*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Anybody else get a little.....soft....inside during this one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anybody else get a little.....soft....inside during this one?
    Anybody else get a little.....erm,...un-soft....during the previous one? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

kbannon wrote: »
    *whistles casually, looks around* - I don't know what you mean, boss.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

kbannon wrote: »
    kbannedbon for innuendo in a motoring forum :P

Wankel rotaries and gearknobs aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

You can watch it in HD :)

:)

Well, on a more serious note I suppose it could have some kinda good effect for road awareness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 missysc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3nJ5GNuWGA

This is part 2 of the video - I wonder do they do anything like this here? this one is from the uk. I suppose it's a good way to get 16-19 year old lads watching a road safety video... catching them off guard ;) !

Advertisement