Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish angling expo 2010

Options
  • 11-02-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to the angling expo in Swords the weekend? Looks good, matt hayes will be there along with a few others. And iam sure we'l see some shiney new tackle at it aswel:D!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Missed this completely !!

Thanks for the post.

Website here http://www.irelandanglingexpo.ie/home/
    Free parking makes a change.

Doesnt mention any entry fees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think it was free parking last year, with a €10 entry fee.

There was some decent bargains last year. I'll be going along one of the days, I'm trying to decide if it's better to go on the saturday, before the best bargains are gone, or on the sunday when there might be better deals on stuff which hasn't sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Yeah its the same again this year with the free parking and 10euro entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Mite head over myself thanks for the reminder.

Theres another one due on in citywest in a few weeks looks nice aswell
    www.hooked.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Will be down there early sat. my first year not on a stand. have a few bob set aside that the missus dosnt know about:eek::D

• Advertisement

So did anyone go along today? Anything good?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Yeah, wasnt bad! picked up a nice deal with a abu garcia baitcaster rod/reel with 4 lures and braid for just over 100euro. Only for its the day of love tomorrow id be back for a few end of show bargains:D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

sportscast ireland are doing some casting demos out side well worth a look and some great advice

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭kotva

Hi there,

Is anyone was on this expo???
    How was it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

have to say it was better than previous years, although the venue is too small and cramped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

have to say it was better than previous years, although the venue is too small and cramped.

Agree with that.

The casting tuition was very good, although the acoustics were poor, so hard to hear the instructors.

I think it was generally better alright, but it is very cramped.

The bargains were a bit hit and miss, most stuff was about normally priced. I did pick up some cheap lines, although they looked like they'd been sitting in stock for quite a while. I did manage to pick up a fantastic vest for €50, I can't find the exact one online but similar ones run for £100+, and for another €10 he threw in the water system, some gink and some flies, so I was pretty delighted with all that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I was there too and picked up a few bits and peices. I didn't think there were too many bargains to be had but then I was only looking for specific bits - line and a landing net. Got them ok plus a few odds and ends.

Did get a few photos of big Jack doing the official opening :)

9405538513944517A359614E2539845C-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

I thought the Angling Expo excellent last weekend.

Nationwide ran a nice piece about it, and fishing in general on tonights show. You can watch it online here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

i met a number of lodge owners and guides including the lady who runs the lodge on 14 miles of the blackwater. i wish i was rich or retired so i could spend the next 20 years testing them out.

gonna try it out anyway. great little island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

very disappointed I couldn't make it this year, or the last 6 years!:o last time I was there was 2004, was an amazing day. From 2000 onwards, I read improve your coarse fishing mag and the angling times, always loved Des Tayler and Martin Bowler's articles. At the 2004 show, I was having a chat with Des Tayler, which I thought was amazing, then Martin Bowler waked by and joined in on conversation! I also had a 15 minute conversation about pike with Matt Hayes. very nice guys

Advertisement