Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

vw golf 4 electrical windows retrofit

Options
  • 11-02-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

hi all.
    just wondering if anyone installed electrical window mechanism into and "normal" golf MK4
    i want to "upgrade" this car and was wondering where to start.
    any advice welcomed.
    also if you have any suggestions on how i can improve it, please let it loose. keep in mind it's my wife's weels and serves as drop-to-creche vehicle as well:rolleyes: so no full body kit kind of suggestions :D

cheers all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've seen a few Golfs with retrofit electric windows, they're always a bit noisier and the switches go on the dash as opposed to on the doors.
    Did them on a Corolla years ago with a cheap kit from Maplin and it was a real pain due to the thinness of the doors. It's also quite a fiddly job. Well worth doing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kosmo

i looked on Maplin's website and i can't find any kits for sale.
    also looked few other places but couldn't find any.
    do you know of any place that sells them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hey I say go to your local scrap yard, you would be able to get all the stuff needed there. Also if you need help doing it go to www.vagdrivers.net its Irelands vw forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maplin stopped doing them about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gorwanvfr

kosmo wrote: »
    hi all.
    just wondering if anyone installed electrical window mechanism into and "normal" golf MK4
    i want to "upgrade" this car and was wondering where to start.
    any advice welcomed.
    also if you have any suggestions on how i can improve it, please let it loose. keep in mind it's my wife's weels and serves as drop-to-creche vehicle as well:rolleyes: so no full body kit kind of suggestions :D

cheers all
    Cartronics in Dublin sell retrofit kits. They have different switches for different make of cars. When I did mine I went with BMW switches as I could put them in the door cards www.cartronics.net

• Advertisement
Advertisement