Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG- What's happend my Armagnac???

Options
  • 11-02-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭

Purchased a bottle of Armagnac last summer- tasted fine when first opened...now it tastes pretty desperate...can't describe the taste...somewhere between petrol and vinegar.....any ideas....have kept a bottle previously (although not the same brand) and has been fine for over 1 year when in occasional use...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No Idea.

I have heard of the 'angel's share', but never the 'angel's pissoir'

In a previous era, it would have been the butler hitting the good stuff and replacing it with a lesser liquid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

cnocbui wrote: »
    No Idea.

I have heard of the 'angel's share', but never the 'angel's pissoir'

In a previous era, it would have been the butler hitting the good stuff and replacing it with a lesser liquid.

..lol..have no butler:o....did the Hennessy tour in France a number of years ago so heard all about the angels share- this is more like the angels out- devils in- :)....it has a cork stopper but plastic top and appears to fit well on it...it has always been standing as opposed to in contact in the cork but I don't think it's that due to the nature of the bottle top design...maybe it's just a strange batch..not even sure that it's fit for cooking but I used it at Christmas to make cake and it tasted fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

If my own history is anything to go by some one most likely helped themselves to some off it and tried to top it back up with something cheap.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If my own history is anything to go by some one most likely helped themselves to some off it and tried to top it back up with something cheap.

yeah, dad, if you read this, i'm sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

..lol...fraid not FM...no little mice round here....naw...I'm thinking I left the cork with plastic top not fully sealed onto the bottle the last time I used it...that's the only thing I can think of but it sure is strange...maybe it's just the brand of Armagnac as I've had a number of bottles previously through the years (always lasts about a year cause its really only an occassional drink thing) and all's been fine..a well...roll on next France trip I guess...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement