Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch course half way through year?

Options
  • 11-02-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I'm at college as a mature student, didn't do the interviews, got in on my LC points and I'm wondering is it possible to switch to another course at this stage of the year?
    I know people who have switched to a similar course in a different college but I'm interested in another course in the same college. Anyone know what I can do?
    (Dunno if this is in the right forum Mod :o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'd go talk to your tutor about it.

I know plenty of people who changed course. But it would have to be next September. Also, you might have to meet the minimum requirements for that course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

i switched course in novemeber and the new course i went into i was so far behind i ended up dropping out, i just re-applied through the cao again but this year i will be liable for half the fees because i dropped out during semester 1, best bet is talk to someone in your college about it hope this helps and goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭breedie

You would probably have been bettter off trying to change before Christmas (not much help now I know)
    Also, as TK has mentioned, you might have a problem getting fees paid for the year as it's the same level as last year (they don't pay for 2 x 1st year even if it is a different course)
    Could you possible finish this year and then try to transfer into the 2nd year of the other course? Do they relate to each other in any way?

Advertisement