Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet explorer wont connect

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

internet explorer wont connect, but firefox will.i dont know when this happened, but its very annoying.iafter diagnosing it says that it is probably caused by firewall settings.i know nothing about these.can anyone help me out.
    im running xp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Through firefox upgrade Explorer to explorer 8

just type in IE8 into your firefox browser

Or use this link

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/internet-explorer/

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

It's probably a proxy setting. Go to tools then settings. Go to the connections tab and hit LAN settings. Make sure the box thast says "use a proxy server..." is unchecked

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

wobzilla1 wrote: »
    It's probably a proxy setting. Go to tools then settings. Go to the connections tab and hit LAN settings. Make sure the box thast says "use a proxy server..." is unchecked

thats it thanks, would that of changed by itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

I would be running a quick scan using Malwarebytes.. just google it and download.. It is unusual for a proxy to add itself

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Is it a laptop that you bring to college or something? they tend to use proxys in colleges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I would be running a quick scan using Malwarebytes.. just google it and download.. It is unusual for a proxy to add itself

It's not uncommon if you have a malware infection.
    And dont go googling "malwarebytes", download it from the site below

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

i did have a bad infection recently, but im clean now, so maybe that is what had caused it

thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mrroboito

My IE won't connect when I have Firefox 3.6 open. No problems when I close FF and only happened since upgrade to 3.6. Might be same problem?

Advertisement