Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox/Internet Explorer Help

Options
  • 11-02-2010 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I installed windows 7 Ultimate this week and ever since then whenever I use Internet Explorer or Firefox, i come across a small problem.

The two applications open up fine and i can browse away. but when i close down the app and later open it, it refuses to open. It's gettin realy annoyin. Does any1 know what the problem might be.

I downloaded firefox from mozilla.org compatible for windows. and internet explorer came with the windows package.

I've tried runnning both compatible with previous versions of windows to no avail.

I have to restart my computer if I want to open up Firefox or IE more than once. HELP

Any hints would be greatly appreciated
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif
    Yes, very nice.

It sounds like the process is still running.
    After closing Firefox down, do Ctrl-Alt-Del and open Task Manager and see if firefox.exe is still running.
    If so click on End Process.
    Try to open Firefox again.

task-manager_firefox_highlighted.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭LimerickDan

Ya that works but its annoyin havin to open task manager every time you know.

Is this just a bug in firefox or is it somethin to do with my Windows 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i sometimes have that problem with Internet explorer and firefox, but it seems to have stopped lately. i couldn't find any way round it though. but ending the process is a lot easier than restarting. running win7 pro btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

run windows updates and make sure you have the latest version of firefox.

could be a bad install of windows - might need to have another go at it.

did you upgrade or do a clean install.

Advertisement