Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

memory card exploit

Options
  • 11-02-2010 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

managed to track down another network adaptor (byrnes clearence) for the ps2, could i use this combined with my pressed copy of hdadvance to install the memory card exploit?? I know i can use a pc to install iso's with this versions so i could possibly load a homebrew iso onto the drive and install that way??

please advise.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You will still need a swapmagic disc for the easiest way to do it. You can also do the diy method with an original copy of 007 AUF, a slide tool (make yourself) and a usb key.

All methods are described, if you click the installation tab here - http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

perhaps i shouldve googled, it has been done the way i want to do it before

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/hdloader.php

looks like i have everything needed to revive my slim ps2 so, does the DVD remote work with it can it be configured to boot straight into sms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Im never surprised how thick I can be sometimes :D

I fluted around with this mod, 007 etc..all the while with a HD Loader disc staring me in the face :o

Note to self - READ THINGS PROPERLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

weeder wrote: »
    looks like i have everything needed to revive my slim ps2 so

Network adapter for a slim ps2?! I'm confused :confused:

i shouldve been clearer there, have 2 ps2's one is a slim with no laser assembly!

ive also just learned it is possible to play 720p on these things with component cable so ill be playing with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

If your looking for the MC exploit i have it here

http://tinyurl.com/yewnyl9

you can use action replay to copy the files over no problem

seem to be having a problem, when i try to run ule from the hard drive i get a black screen only :(
    someone else had this problem but they sorted uit out with redownloading it from the offical source, ive downloaded itr a few times from the sms website with no luck,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 overide13

PS2 and the HDloader are not compatible with each other straight off- you need a modified version if i get it i will up load it on the site

just verifying that it is the PS2 slim your using ?

well i got it to work :D used a different version of ULe and hdadvance had no problem with booting it, exploit installed, my fat ps2 with dying laser and slim with no laser whatsoever both have a new lease of life now. 2 questions i have regarding these, is it possible to boot freemcboot in 480p or 720p or does it only work when in applications if the app supports it?

secondly is there any way i can get the ps2 to boot directly into simple media system rather than having to select it from the free mc menu?

Advertisement