Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Guy??

Options
  • 11-02-2010 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Simple idea. I tend to do it every year

Ya pick a college player you think could have an impact in the NFL

Typically it's a lower round player

List away

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 CharismaPeep

Jermaine Gresham

i've heard it said in a few places that If he had been fully healthy in 2009 he would have been top five.

At least i hope he's that good, as the Giants are expected to take him.

I still think anyone who manages to pick up Tebow in the second round will have done well. People talk him down way too much

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

John Skelton is my guy this year

QB of the FCS Fordham Rams. Been following this guy his whole college career. Hopefully he gets drafted in a late round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Jimmy Clausen the Notre Dame QB.

Washington is tipped to go for him and i think he'd do well under Shanahan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,191 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Before 5th
    Dexter McCluster RB/WR out of Ole Miss

After 5th
    Darius Marshall RB out of Marshall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

bobby wade wrote: »
    Simple idea. I tend to do it every year

Ya pick a college player you think could have an impact in the NFL

Typically it's a lower round player

List away

I remember spotting a QB a couple of years ago that was immense he was a scrambling QB in the Micheal Vick mould, can't remember his name at all but he was fairly small (Most said to small to make in the NFL) He had some record for his college team or the league or something. His team wore black with yellow kind of spots on the helmet... Any idea at all who I am talking about :D. I suppose I basically just said "Their was this guy that was good once what was his name?" :D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I remember spotting a QB a couple of years ago that was immense he was a scrambling QB in the Micheal Vick mould, can't remember his name at all but he was fairly small (Most said to small to make in the NFL) He had some record for his college team or the league or something. His team wore black with yellow kind of spots on the helmet... Any idea at all who I am talking about :D. I suppose I basically just said "Their was this guy that was good once what was his name?" :D.

The spots could have most likely been award decals if not I have no idea who you are referring to. To help you out here are the majority if not all the D1 Helmets.

NCAA%20HELMETS%20POSTER.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

The trick is to find the guy with the best name.

I remember a few years back, my mate got a High School football almanac thing. He'd go through it and find the funniest names. Debrickashaw Ferguson was mentioned as an All-State Tackle in there. He's now a Pro Bowler!

It's all in the name, baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Or Frostee Rucker? Pro Bowls much? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Was it Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards? He was a sophomore when they knocked off Michigan a few seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

3 guys I think that might make an impact and be 4th round picks or later are

Dan Lefevour QB from C Mich (although the might move up on some boards)

Schofield O'Brien LB from Wisconsin (ok so Ive only seen him play 3 games, but very impressed by him. Has good speed and recognition, and is very in pass coverage and gets sideline to sideline excellently. Id imagine hes probably a fourth rounder aswell

John Estes C from Hawaii ok so maybe Im baised being a warrior fan :) But hes got reasonable size and good leverage. I think he could be a long time starter in the lague, ok so Offensive line isnt sexy but this is a 53 man game :D Probably a 5th or 6th rounder I reckon.

As for a 1 - 3rd round pick. I like Golden Tate as the guy most likelly to make an impact.

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    Was it Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards? He was a sophomore when they knocked off Michigan a few seasons ago.

sounds to me like it is. Not sure he will get drafted myself his height will be an issue with NFL scouts, think he might end up being picked up in FA, but I dont see him doing anything more that practice squad work in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

D3PO wrote: »
    3 guys I think that might make an impact and be 4th round picks or later are

Dan Lefevour QB from C Mich (although the might move up on some boards)

Schofield O'Brien LB from Wisconsin (ok so Ive only seen him play 3 games, but very impressed by him. Has good speed and recognition, and is very in pass coverage and gets sideline to sideline excellently. Id imagine hes probably a fourth rounder aswell

John Estes C from Hawaii ok so maybe Im baised being a warrior fan :) But hes got reasonable size and good leverage. I think he could be a long time starter in the lague, ok so Offensive line isnt sexy but this is a 53 man game :D Probably a 5th or 6th rounder I reckon.

As for a 1 - 3rd round pick. I like Golden Tate as the guy most likelly to make an impact.

Didn't Schofield get a pretty nasty injury at the east West game?

As for Armanti Edwards he'll be a WR in the NFL i readsomewhere.

Didn't Schofield get a pretty nasty injury at the east West game?

No he played the full game (Didnt see it myself) also got Defensive MVP honours.

Googling it though looks like he picked up a knee injury at the senior bowl in practice. Didnt realise that thats.

Wonder how bad it is. Might scupper his chances of being drafted, I still think he will be picke dup when it mends (assuming its not too serious an injury)

As for Armanti Edwards he'll be a WR in the NFL i readsomewhere.

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Exactly who i was thinking of too

• Registered Users Posts: 41 maharg92

Florida Gators receiver Riley Cooper turned down the MLB for yhe NFL should come out in either the 4t or fifth i reckon he's going to be a good starter in the league eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

What about Ryan Perrilloux? The former LSU QB that had some major maturity issues with the Tigers and ended up losing his scholarship and played out his time with Jacksonville State. No one would doubt his physical abilities and I think that if someone takes him they'll get him at the 6th or 7th round and he has a lot more potential than any other QB that could be selected at that stage of the draft.

When he came out of high school he was the second rated QB of his class behind Mark Sanchez, he can run, he can throw but he does have issues after his time with LSU. But he has kept relatively quiet at Jax State and he would give a team great options as a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I was a big fan of Dennis Dixon when he was at the Oregon Ducks. Not a great quarterback, but one hell of an athlete. Now he's with the Steelers warming the bench.

Still there are many highlight reels of him worth watching.

That's the man. Thanks very much.

I remember being mesmerised by him in a couple of games I saw. Just going by Wiki he has some record its crazy that he won't get anywhere just cause of his height. Will be keeping an eye on him anyway.

That's the man. Thanks very much.

I remember being mesmerised by him in a couple of games I saw. Just going by Wiki he has some record its crazy that he won't get anywhere just cause of his height. Will be keeping an eye on him anyway.

The only draw back to Edwards is the fact he plays In D1AA ball a step lower than D1. Now this doesn't take away from his abilities but when it comes to scouting him the scouts will always bare in mind he players what some would consider a lower grade of football.

• Advertisement

The only draw back to Edwards is the fact he plays In D1AA ball a step lower than D1. Now this doesn't take away from his abilities but when it comes to scouting him the scouts will always bare in mind he players what some would consider a lower grade of football.

Ah I see, its just another thing holding him back I guess Scouts will be weighing up his height and the lower league thing and everything else. Looks like he is destined for FA and Practise games. Hopefully not though.

Ah I see, its just another thing holding him back I guess Scouts will be weighing up his height and the lower league thing and everything else. Looks like he is destined for FA and Practise games. Hopefully not though.

He is in the Draft as a WR. Projected to Go Round 7.

He is in the Draft as a WR. Projected to Go Round 7.

Hmm. Makes sense for him, but he will just be another WR where as as a QB he would have been something different (Not too different obviously :D) Ah well, gives me someone to support :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Two guys who I'll be keeping an eye on are Tulane's RB Andre Anderson and WR Jeremy Williams. Both have a crapload of honorable mentions, various team and conference records etc.

Anderson is a great power back to run the ball up the middle, very tough to bring down, breaks a lot of tackles. He also has a pretty decent pair of hands, good for quick checkdowns or hauling in dump offs.

Williams was invited to the 2009 Senior Bowl and is projected to go in the 4th round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I'll be keeping an eye on Toby Gerhart as I think he can be an effective weapon in the NFL but has been severely underated and undervalued by a lot of scouts because he is a white running back.

Advertisement