Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Just preparing for a Ski holiday

Options
  • 11-02-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

I'm going on a Ski holiday this sunday to Jasna in Slovakia.

I'm ready to pack now so just wondering could anyone give me advice on how I could prepare?

How many layers of clothes should I wear.

I've heard that the temperatures of where I am going range from -11 degrees to -17.

I have all my gear including blister socks and thermal shirts.

Anything else I should remember to check?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭tomaschonnie

hiya, some suggestions (assuming that youre gonna rent boots and polls and ski pants over there):

-any waterproof jacket will do fine, even if its just a light thing. you can add layers under it.
    -woolly hat
    -neoprene face protector, or a scarf wrapped around your head would do as well
    -waterproof gloves
    -little backpack for the slopes can come in useful.
    -ski goggles or sunglasses. goggles are much better though, especially if its gonna be that cold!
    -wear a helmet. i nearly died but for my ski helmet. i still have the pieces to remind me!
    -i think the trick with keeping warm is layers. the more the better. i wear 2 thermal vests and a t-shirt and jacket etc. you can always remove a layer if you get hot (and put it in your backpack)
    -you should take sunscreen with you. ive been burnt a few times and didnt realise till it was too late.

HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL :)
    HAPPY SKIING!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Looking at the forecast your temps for the next week range from -7 to -1 so not that cold.

If it were me I would layer up in the following way

Bottom half - base layer then sallopettes
    Top Half - Base layer, long sleeve t, micro fleece then outer shell
    Good quality Hat - makes so much difference
    Gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 19,714 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Chapstick for lips, one or two microfiber cloths for cleaning glasses and/or goggles.

Decent boots for walking around when not skiing.

Advertisement