Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga format magazine

Options
  • 11-02-2010 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

well,who remembers this great mag back in the day?,it was the only amiga mag i used to buy,it was the biggest selling mag in britain in its day,with readership of half a million!,it covered all the stuff in amiga,the games,the techy stuff,reviews and tips,i remember it was about 6-7 pounds in its time,then later on in 90s i would nearly pay £10 because it had to be ordered in,i still have some issues lying about.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Amiga Format was okay - CU Amiga beat it all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Amiga format was better around the early 90s, then CU Amiga overtook it.

Those magazines were fantastic, the free cover mounted software gave me hours of fun, stuff like Octamed, Imagine, Cinema 4d, ppaint (Which is still going and is an amazing piece of software). The magazines were fantastic too, bit of entertainment from your games, and then some serious stuff to get your teeth into.

The gaming mags were ok too, Amiga Power and the like. Which one had the Cannon fodder Christmas special where you ran around a swos football pitch ? That was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

no idea,i think it was called unsensible soccer wasnt it?,anyways the cu amigas where put together on an unoffical dvd set,i have it myself they are jpg scans but never the less enjoyable read,link-
    http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzuperstore.html#cu-amiga-dvd

Advertisement