Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM tractor oil

Options
  • 11-02-2010 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me where I could get a good deal on buying oil for a newholland TM?

The oil spec in the tractor manual is very expensive and was wondering is there a cheaper oil out there than can be put into it.

When I say 'cheap' I dont mean a bad quality oil but would there be an equivalent to the dealers alhambra oil?

Im using a universal castrol MP PLUS oil which is the correct grade but Ive heard that using this oil type causes problems to the tappets in the engine for example !

Also I have this castrol universal oil in the transmission/backend as well.

Tractor is not a semi/full powershift its a mechanical gerabox!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Where are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 fat liar

Try morris oil in tipperary they will sell it in 205L barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Fishtits wrote: »
    Where are you?

In near Ballinasloe!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

fat liar wrote: »
    Try morris oil in tipperary they will sell it in 205L barrels.

Thanks fat liar

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

From my experience on tm's you should be using separate engine oils and transmission oils, eg something like 15w40(engine) and 10w30(transmission). The correct grade of oil in the transmission is very important in keeping the brake discs cool especially in a new holland where the back-end runs at very high tempatures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

as roadtrip man said it very important to get the correct grade oil for the transmission to prevent long term damage.
    what grade is the new holland oil your using and the castrol oil?
    in the user manual manufactures will specify their own brand of oil but that dosnt mean you cant use a cheaper same grade oil instead.

Advertisement