Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking - The Hardwicke Village

Options
  • 11-02-2010 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I recently moved into The Hardwicke Village and I got two questions:
    - when I went to view the apartment the agent said the rent is 700, this is also the price on Daft but when I signed the lease the rent suddenly was 725, I know it is just 25 euro p/m but this is still 300 per year
    -when I asked about the parking the agent said that the owner didnt buy the parking space with the apartment but isnt it normal that you always get the parking space when you buy an apartment
    Is there anybody who also lives in The Hardwick Village and knows more about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

fransdev wrote: »
    -when I asked about the parking the agent said that the owner didnt buy the parking space with the apartment but isnt it normal that you always get the parking space when you buy an apartment

No. Lots of developers sell parking spaces separately to the apartment so owners with more than one car can buy more than one space, owners with no cars don't need to pay for the space but mostly so the developer can make even more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

fransdev wrote: »
    I recently moved into The Hardwicke Village and I got two questions:
    - when I went to view the apartment the agent said the rent is 700, this is also the price on Daft but when I signed the lease the rent suddenly was 725, I know it is just 25 euro p/m but this is still 300 per year

Why did you sign the lease when they did that? It's too late now to do anything about it as the rent is in your lease and you signed it agreeing to it. They were being chancers doing that but unfortunately you allowed them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

a lot of places in dublin did this during the boom,parking spaces could be up to €20k on top of the apartment price,if the owner didnt pay they didnt get a dedicated parking spot,i think this is the case here,
    in fairness to landlords they do tend to say no parking etc in the ad,
    and some apartments for rent on daft have 2 different prices,one with parking and one without parking,

if you signed a lease at 725 you going to have to pay 725!,you really should have mentioned it before you signed the lease

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh the Hardwicke. I hope the cockroaches have gone OP!

Advertisement