Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Hill and RTE

Options
  • 11-02-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

RTE will eventually launch an international channel in the UK on Freesat comprising the best/worst of home produced programming.

This will mean that many RTE programmes will be ripe for a bit of piss taking by the genius that is Harry Hill and his TV Burp show.

Harry will thank his lucky stars that all this new material has appeared for him!

Which RTE programmes do you think will be at the top of his list? I honestly don't know where he would start! The All Ireland talent show, Catherine Lynch, Mauve Higgins, the Byrne Ultimatum.....etc the list goes on!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Whats this About Harry Hill and RTE? Background info would help please.
    Edit: I should mention I can't stand the gobschite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It wouldn't work as no-one will be familair enough with the material (like anyone other than home sick, very home sick expats will be viewing it).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Koloman wrote: »
    Catherine Lynch

Putting her onto UK screens will start making up for those 800 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Charco wrote: »
    Putting her onto UK screens will start making up for those 800 years.

I don't think they deserve that amount of punishment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Blizzard of Odd already did a great job of this. However, RTE in their infinite wisdom decided to axe it and replace it with the panel (a show that is essentially 4 men in their mid-30's sneering at stuff on a junior cert level - great work if you can get it, but not watch-worthy television).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

I watched Harry hill last Saturday fortnight for the first time in ages. He actually had me pissing myself laughing. That show is absolutely hillarious. He did this show which culminated in all the oldies singing around a haunted piano, don't suppose anyone else saw this, sum funny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Harry Hill's a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Neil Delamere has already taken the piss outta RTE's programmes with his show The Republic of Telly, how will this be any different ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Biggins wrote: »
    Edit: I should mention I can't stand the gobschite.

This is definitely the thread to post in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Neil Delamere has already taken the piss outta RTE's programmes with his show The Republic of Telly, how will this be any different ?

This new one might be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Harry Hill's format is what RTE copied from, so it's very similiar, with Harry having a lot more chaff than Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Does Harry Hill target other obscure channels available on Sky? That's all RTÉ will be, another obscure channel. Apart from home sick Irish people I don't see too many watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Neil Delamere
    Twat
    Harry Hill
    Bigger Twat!

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Does Harry Hill target other obscure channels available on Sky?

He does. I have seen him have a go at channels like Watch, Wedding TV and Living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two of them are quite well known I think fair to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

He does. I have seen him have a go at channels like Watch, Wedding TV and Living.

Watch and Living are hardly obscure.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Harry Hill is hilarious although I think in 2009 the standards slipped a bit. I've really liked his programmes in 2010 however.

Plenty of Irish people over there he can take the piss out of too, ie Keith Duffy:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Harry Hill is hilarious although I think in 2009 the standards slipped a bit. I've really liked his programmes in 2010 however.

Plenty of Irish people over there he can take the piss out of too, ie Keith Duffy:

English person slagging the Irish accent, makes him a comical genius alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

murpho999 wrote: »
    English person slagging the Irish accent, makes him a comical genius alright!

Worked alright for Alan Partridge. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Worked alright for Alan Partridge. ;)

Sunday, bloody Sunday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Leobin wrote: »
    Sunday, bloody Sunday!!

It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!".

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

I wouldn't think there will be many watching it but you never know it could garner a foothold on sky.it would be slightly interesting though to see what harry hill would make of our homegrown programmes

it would be slightly interesting though to see what harry hill would make of our homegrown programmes

I get giddy thinking about it!biggrin.gif

Advertisement