Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY speakers! A few pics

Options
  • 10-02-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hello people.... just wondering if there is anyone else out there in irl making there own speakers, like anything d.i.y the rewards are numerous! Money saved and satisfaction gained. I thought I'd throw up some pics of my 1st d.i.y speaker project a 7.1 setup for ht.

The two mains are finished, the sub, centre etc 99% done. I only have old pics of the whole setup, which is now near completion. And fuzzy recent pics of the mains. Anyhow seeing as this is a d.i.y forum thought ppl might be interested. Comments and questions welcomed! Rob.

S1050254.jpg

DSC07036_Medium.jpg

DSC07040_Medium.jpg

DSC07027_Medium.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

looks good - and your guaranteed no on else will have them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,864 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

gsp119 wrote: »
    looks good - and your guaranteed no on else will have them

I know ;)

These are mine:

ESlarge.jpg

ESboth.jpg

ESBack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

cnocbui wrote: »
    I know ;)

These are mine:

Did you make these!? They look cool. Where did you get the enclosure?

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Did you make these!? They look cool. Where did you get the enclosure?

Thanks.

The enclosures are what I made. They are carbon fibre. Inside there is a second carbon fibre sphere and the gap between the two is filled with sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

great looking speakers not far off the the jamo s series,good job!

• Advertisement

F.Galway wrote: »
    great looking speakers not far off the the jamo s series,good job!

Ya they do look similar now that you mention it... jamo must be coping me again! Now if I can just make something that looks and sounds like the r series, emmm

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

Few paper clips joined together for the back strut and a can a spray paint for the front! Are you close to completing the rest of the speakers?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys - those speakers both look amazing - put many of the mainstream manufacturers to shame!

Well done guys,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Cheers john, I'll drop ya a line in a few years when I have a little workshop set up churning out some quality Irish speakers.. and you can sell a few for me! Nearing completion F. Galway as you can see from new pics.

sub.jpg

subsat.jpg

center.jpg

Looking good. :)

• Advertisement

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Goose81

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Cheers john, I'll drop ya a line in a few years when I have a little workshop set up churning out some quality Irish speakers.. and you can sell a few for me! Nearing completion F. Galway as you can see from new pics.

sub.jpg

subsat.jpg

center.jpg

Where did you get the actual drivers etc?
    Do they come as a kit?

Ya they come as a kit:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-700

There are a lot of different kits out there, good for when your starting out as crossovers are very difficult to design properly.. when people have a base of knowledge built up they might design there own from scratch. Check out some of these:

http://www.parts-express.com/projectshowcase/projectindex.cfm

Advertisement