Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS one for €5!!

Options
  • 10-02-2010 7:32pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Byrnes world of wonder are selling a brand new PS One with a game for €4.99.

Seen this in Kilkenny branch but they had just sold out. I picked up the last one in Mullingar earlier.

Just a head up for anyone looking for one. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

ill get 2 if there doing this in gorey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

weeder wrote: »
    ill get 2 if there doing this in gorey

Manager in Kilkenny told me its nationwide. They are doing a consoles clearance sale at the moment. Only bargain was the PS One, he had an Xbox and was looking for €140 for it. But he did say prices will come down further until they shift all the old stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice one!

Question though - wtf is Byrnes world of wonder and is there one in Dublin?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Liffey Valley one is closed down I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

One in Naas, at b&q and another in Newbridge at Dunnes & DID, straight up the n7. If they can hold it for you....

Master of the Universe

phasers wrote: »
    Liffey Valley one is closed down I'm afraid :(

Ah bugger :(

Well, if anyone out there sees an extra one lying about, remember me. I'm good for that fiver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah bugger :(

Well, if anyone out there sees an extra one lying about, remember me. I'm good for that fiver!

Same here - seriously - pm me if you can get or have a spare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Same here as well! My old one has a busted laser.

Master of the Universe

Well you guys can get first dibs if anyone offers as I have an arse load of ps1s in the attic. I just don't have a Psone!

Speaking of which, I really need to get them down and see if they're working.

• Advertisement

theyve heard nothing in gorey about this. got a ps2 network adaptor for 20 notes though, nice 60GB maxtor sitting at home and a pressed copy of hdloader :pac:

dvd remotes for a tenner and ps1 multitaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Are they selling any ps1 games?

Wouldn't mind having a look if they're selling at a good price.

Master of the Universe

weeder wrote: »
    theyve heard nothing in gorey about this. got a ps2 network adaptor for 20 notes though, nice 60GB maxtor sitting at home and a pressed copy of hdloader :pac:

Nice one on the network adapter! They've been going for a few quid since people have been using hdloader.

What's the bets we see a load of PSones turning up in that new retro games shop in town? :D

they had a good few on the shelf, i destroyed my last one foolishly when i got rid of my last ps2 a few years ago. then went looking for another on ebay and was like :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sounds great, I picked up my PSone in a similar sale a couple of years ago in Harvey Normans, 40 notes and I got a PSone with the screen, nice!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll be visiting my cousins in Carlow next week and I know there's one or two of those shops there so I'll keep an eye out :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They are having a full clearout, PS2 Pads with Memory card for €20 (Official).
    Mini Simpsons PS2 pads were about €7

Original Xbox was €140 tho.

List of shops:

http://www.buy4now.ie/worldofwonder/aspx/storeDetails.aspx?&loc=SL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Just back from the one in Naas, nothing in there.
    A friend had a look in the one in Newbridge, nothing there either.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Nothing in World of wonder in Nenagh either :(The fella behind the counter looked at me in amazenent when I asked about a PSone,tried to sell me a PS3 instead lol.

there could be an upside to this,i have a slim ps2 that got butchered with a soldering iron with my attempted mod that basically ended it smoke coming out of the laser and it frosting over, so its sat in the cupboard with the laser assembly removed waiting for someone to install the memory card exploit if hdadvance can rip homebrew then i can install the mc exploit and buy the dvd remote and get some life from the ps2 again as a media box under the telly, the software has less features than xbmc but it does however run on a machine thats MUCH less bulky and runs near silent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Going to Carlow today so if I spot any of the PS1's I'll pick a few up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

i was in the two in carlow the other day and there were none:(

Master of the Universe

One for everybody in the audience? :pac:

Sorry guys, no PS1's to be had :( They did have 1 brand new multi-tap though, which I bought but I'm keeping it pour moi :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Nothing in World of wonder in Nenagh either :(The fella behind the counter looked at me in amazenent when I asked about a PSone,tried to sell me a PS3 instead lol.

I knew i seen one in Nenagh! Its not on their site though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was in the pet shop right beside the Tullamore branch earlier, would have stopped in for a gander if had known :(

World of Warcr...I mean Wonder are **** for modern games (saw 2 year old 360 games for €75 last Xmas) but good deals on older games, saw Ico, Dark Chronicle and SoTC new for €15 apiece.

I'm thinking of ringing up some of these stores and maybe taking a wee trip to some of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

yeah, use the damn phone!
    Also, their point of sale systems should be all linked, so each store knows what the other has, therefore one phonecall should suffice.

I know that now.

I remember trying to get animal crossing with the wii speak in the bundle in xtra vision. Did I think of using the phone? No. But several bus and luas trips later I had it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement