Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about Pensions

Options
  • 10-02-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I've been told by my employer that due to my wages and the tax bracket that I'm currently in if I took €170 odd off my wages and put them into a pension or something similar then my take home pay would only go down by €40 due to my dropping down to a lower tax rate.
    This month I got a new bike on the "bike to work" scheme which works out at €84 a month for the next twelve. I am trying to figure out my options of what to do with the other €90 or so each month.
    I've been looking at pension options but it is all a bit too much to get my head around. We have no pension scheme in work.
    Basically, what I am looking for is something that I will be able to bring with me if I ever move to a job that has a pension scheme in place and something that I can put payments on hold if I were to lose my job.
    Does such a thing exist?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

Your employer is obliged to offer you a PRSA Scheme via salary deduction at work.

It sounds like this type of product would suit your circumstances. Have a look at this

If you pay for a PRSA from your own bank account you would need to claim any Tax/PRSI Reliefs through Revenue 'manually' (as opposed to it being done automatically by salary deduction)

Advertisement