Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rastan Saga

Options
  • 10-02-2010 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever play this game in the arcades? I recently downloaded it for MAME and it was fantastic, it was the first time I played it in 22 years.

It was released by Taito in 1988. You play a Conan-style barbarian who must fight his way through six enemy and trap filled levels in order to slay a dragon. At the end of each level is a castle filled with traps and obstacles. In each castle is a throne room containing a boss.

It's extremely hard but at the same time I loved it. It was one of the first games I ever played and it was the one that got me hooked on games ever since:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I threw many a 10p into a Rastan Saga cabinet. They had one in a small country village I went to as a kid. Had Moonwalker beside it.

I would spent a few hours on the Rastan one, my cousin on Moonwalker. For some odd reason we never switched around.

They were then replaced with a Neo Geo cabinet aroun 96. First time I ever palyed Metal Slug..but that's a different story ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

o1s1n wrote: »
    I threw many a 10p into a Rastan Saga cabinet. They had one in a small country village I went to as a kid. Had Moonwalker beside it.

That small town wouldn't have been in wexford by any chance?

Rastan is a absolute classic. I remember getting it for the c64 and never being able to get past level two. Years later of course I find out a programming glitch made it impossible to complete the 2nd level!! Bastards... Makes you wonder how many other games out there simply couldn't be beaten due to bugs. I life before patches huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I never played the 1st Rastan Saga in the arcades but Rasta Saga 3 was always a favourite whenever I saw it. Used to get pretty far on one 10p :p Nowadays it's 5 mins for €2 :mad:

warrior_b_22.png

Advertisement