Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easytrip's crazy monthly charges

Options
  • 10-02-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an easytrip account for use on the M50 Toll and was just reviewing my charges for the last month and noticed that they charge €1 exc VAT, €1.21 Inc VAT every time they credited my account from my credit card & another €1.75 exc VAT, €2.12 Inc VAT as an administration charge.

This came to a total of €3.75 exc Vat, €4.54 Inc vat as I credited my account twice during the last month. Please see attached charges from my last statement.

easytrip.JPG

I think this is absolutely ridiculous as you have no choice but to pay the toll and having a tag is the cheapest option, when my account was with Eazypass they did not have half of these charges & it is only since Easytrip took over that I have noticed these charges creeping up all the time.

In anyway to get to the point does anybody know any company which charges less for administration a month and does not charge you each time they credit money to your account from your credit card ???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Eazytrip or whatever they are called, emailed all their customers a few months ago warning of the new credit card fees they were introducing. It seems that they just wanted to incentivise people to move to DD or laser payments.

given the big change they should have sent people letters too,.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I use www.Tolltag.ie No monthy charges, no minimum amount on the tag and no fees for topping up the account. You just buy the tag outright for 24 euro or something and happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

faceman wrote: »
    Eazytrip or whatever they are called, emailed all their customers a few months ago warning of the new credit card fees they were introducing. It seems that they just wanted to incentivise people to move to DD or laser payments.

given the big change they should have sent people letters too,.

Hi faceman, I never received this email, it must be because I was originally an Eazypass customer and they did not update my details correctly when they switched over to Easytrip??
    Theta wrote: »
    I use www.Tolltag.ie No monthy charges, no minimum amount on the tag and no fees for topping up the account. You just buy the tag outright for 24 euro or something and happy days.

Thanks for that Theta, I will look into it tonight.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

This is a credit card charge is it not??

I was nailed by MBNA for depositing money into my LOTTERY.IE account. 2.50euro for a 50 euro deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Here's an easy overview over the different tags and charges: http://www.tagcompare.ie/t_and_c_account_charges.html

Just change your tag to be paid DD or laser and the charges are near to nil. I pay via DD, which works quite well. The upside with easytrip is, that they can be used in Q-park parking etc., if you have the parking option and that's dead handy.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

celticbest wrote: »
    Hi faceman, I never received this email, it must be because I was originally an Eazypass customer and they did not update my details correctly when they switched over to Easytrip??

That shouldnt have mattered, I was an Eazypass customer too before the changeover and I got the email. If you are getting the monthly statements by email then you should have got the notification.

Best to give them a shout and explain. :)

faceman wrote: »
    That shouldnt have mattered, I was an Eazypass customer too before the changeover and I got the email. If you are getting the monthly statements by email then you should have got the notification.

Best to give them a shout and explain. :)

I haven't received any monthly statements by email, it's just by logging into my account that I noticed these charges, I think I will have to give them a call to get my personal details updated on there system.

yop wrote: »
    This is a credit card charge is it not??

I was nailed by MBNA for depositing money into my LOTTERY.IE account. 2.50euro for a 50 euro deposit.

It must be the Ryainair / Ticketmaster phenomenon of charging you for spending your money with them.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Found Eflow.ie to be the Best tbh only €1 a Month Tag Rental no Charges that i can see from Direct Debit on Laser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

celticbest wrote: »

I was sure that I didn't get an email either but then I checked my email notification from Jan 11th 2010 and it was tagged on at the end :rolleyes:
    Important Notice:
    From the 4th of January, Easytrip are introducing two new fees.
    (i) For Direct Debit rejections due to refer to payer a fee of 3.30 (excluding VAT) will be applied.
    (ii) For all account top-ups by Credit Card a fee of 1.00 (excluding VAT) per top-up will be applied to customer's accounts.
    Customer's topping up with Laser or Direct Debit will not be affected by this fee. The monthly administration fees are not being increased.
    Easytrip Services Ireland Ltd. is revising its terms and conditions for Easytrip customers.
    The new Terms and Conditions will come into effect from 1st of January 2010.
    A copy of the new terms and conditions is available for download at www.easytrip.ie
    Please ensure that the vehicle details on your account are up to date, thank you.
    In the event that your tag isn't read on the M50, the vehicle registration will be used to confirm that you are an Easytrip customer.
    Your vehicle registration details are listed at the end of your monthly statement and can be updated at anytime online within your dedicated Easytrip account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

Easypass are a right shower...

Been having quite a number of problems with them since January, the tag has not been working.

The tag has been replaced and its still not working (got charged for the pleasure of getting a new one!), spent a hell of a lot of money calling them trying to remedy the situation and wound up spending more. And still the problem persists!

Anyway just wondering has anyone else been experiencing these problems with tags not lifting barriers on the M4 (or any other motorways) and not reading on the m50? When I use the M50 it reading my number plate to charge, and I also got 3 non-payment notices (from e-flow)... its ridiculous!!!

I wonder what measures other people have taken in the same situation?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

well i did not see that email but thats it now im just canceling my tag and just goa reg with eflow. I only use the bloody thing about onece a month so its not worth my while using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Theta wrote: »

Can you use that tag in any car you want? Just carry it with you into another car?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,153 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Can you use that tag in any car you want? Just carry it with you into another car?

Nope ;)

There is a one-to-one relationship between the tag and the reg of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

well i did not see that email but thats it now im just canceling my tag and just goa reg with eflow. I only use the bloody thing about onece a month so its not worth my while using it.

You and I both, I've just recieved my third new tag in as many weeks and driving up the m4 and m50 yesterday it failed to work. And as an extra bonus got charged for the tag yet again despite the fact I "own" the tag and my most recent ones were still under warranty! I've had it up to my eyes with them!
    After 3 months of bi-weekly phonecalls and two visits to their offices the problems are still persisting! You can never speak to a member of management in the call centre as their always at meetings, and the call centre staff, while polite are unhelpful at best! Really would not reccomend this company to anyone!
    Their fees are crazy!!

Advertisement