Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best cafe in North county dublin

Options
  • 10-02-2010 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,626 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Going to head out for some lovely pancakes next Tuesday rather then make them at home and was wondering where you would recommend.:D

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Cafe Provence in Malahide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I love the Gourmet Food Parlour in Swords.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Try Andersons Creperie in Drumcondra.. Can recommend highly enough
    http://www.andersons.ie/crep_index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Eoineo wrote: »
    Cafe Provence in Malahide

+1 for Cafe Provence in Malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

is that the one beside Vinny Vanucchi's? I always though it looked nice. Judging by the menu, it's not your average cafe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, just a bit further down. Its between the lane and the peter marks hairdressers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Sydov Cafe just down from Micheal Collins pub in Rush. Was only in it twice and on each occasion it was top class. My kids were there a good few times with their Aunt and had pancakes on one visit which they said were delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

dubmick wrote: »
    is that the one beside Vinny Vanucchi's? I always though it looked nice. Judging by the menu, it's not your average cafe

That's the one. When it's packed, which it can be quite often, it's a bit of a pain but otherwise it's nice. Good food and great service. Had pancakes there last year on pancake day actually and they were lovely!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Coffees in sutton is pretty good. Its in the superquinn car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Parachute in Skerries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Olive in Skerries also scrummy but not sure if they will be doing pancakes!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

The coffee in arabica in Skerries is very good. Much better than in the other cafes. They've obviously invested time in learning how to use their espresso machine properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Khannie wrote: »
    The coffee in arabica in Skerries is very good. Much better than in the other cafes. They've obviously invested time in learning how to use their espresso machine properly.
    :confused: The OP was asking about pancakes! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ballykea

Clare Bear wrote: »
    That's the one. When it's packed, which it can be quite often, it's a bit of a pain but otherwise it's nice. Good food and great service. Had pancakes there last year on pancake day actually and they were lovely!

I have been away in States for a couple of years, Last time I was in Malahide in March of last year , Vanucci's was closed. Is it still operating?

I think there is a new restaurant there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

Yeah where "vinny vannuchis" was is now called "The Scotch Bonnet". Was there when it opened first and wasn't overly impressed but put some of the basic mistakes down to having only been open a few days.
    Would like to go back and give it a chance again in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Homer wrote: »
    Yeah where "vinny vannuchis" was is now called "The Scotch Bonnet". Was there when it opened first and wasn't overly impressed but put some of the basic mistakes down to having only been open a few days.
    Would like to go back and give it a chance again in fairness.

I've been there a handful of times and it's nice enough. Nice, tasty food and the staff are friendly. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there as there's nicer places in Malahide but I can't knock it too much really. Except for the annoying fake birds outside when you walk past, they're the reason I don't sit outside there on a nice day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Sydov in rush is closed. checked it out myself. Arabica is good in skerries, i tend to go there. New place in balbriggan though, directly across from the ringroad cafe (talk about competition!) have to try that out.

Morphéus wrote: »
    New place in balbriggan though, directly across from the ringroad cafe (talk about competition!) have to try that out.

Is that a smoothie place? Just spotted it at the weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

no idea, thought it was a cafe called Java? i could be wrong, will investigate further today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

no idea, thought it was a cafe called Java? i could be wrong, will investigate further today.

Ringroad Cafe has closed down. Think the new place is called "Jaffa"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

New place is definitely called "Jaffa" - I just passed it. Open until 5pm most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Sydov in rush is closed. checked it out myself. Arabica is good in skerries, i tend to go there. New place in balbriggan though, directly across from the ringroad cafe (talk about competition!) have to try that out.

Dont really rate Arabica myself. Service is not great and its a bit overpriced.
    Used to go to Parachute a bit, great for the kids. Food is OK, if a little overpriced.
    The cafe where Ronnies used to be, possibly still called Ronnies is just grand. A decent fry up, perfect for those mornings after and cheap enough too.

Oh wait, this was about pancakes....

Advertisement