Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback on new website

Options
  • 10-02-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've been working over the past couple of months on a small idea I had which kind of balooned into something a bit bigger.

It's close to launch with most of the features I wanted for version 1.0 intact, there are some small things left to tidy and it's still a little rough around the edges but I would love to get some feedback before a full launch.

http://www.onesentencereview.com

Thanks,

KJF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mattfinucane

Nice, simple and clean. Well coded to boot. Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

The background colour for body is not set. Just add 'color: #fff;' to the body tag in base_packaged.css.
    I have my default background colour set to a light grey (less contrast than white). As a result, I see the light grey when a site does not specify a background colour for an element. Yes, it is a bizarre thing to do and I doubt many others do it.

The home page has an inline setting for body. Can this be moved into the stylesheet?

It is good to see blueprint css in use. I am planning to update and release the Blueprint WordPress theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

daymobrew wrote: »
    The background colour for body is not set. Just add 'color: #fff;' to the body tag in base_packaged.css.
    I have my default background colour set to a light grey (less contrast than white). As a result, I see the light grey when a site does not specify a background colour for an element. Yes, it is a bizarre thing to do and I doubt many others do it.

The home page has an inline setting for body. Can this be moved into the stylesheet?

It is good to see blueprint css in use. I am planning to update and release the Blueprint WordPress theme.

Cheers daymobrew,

I'll add the background color, it never crossed my mind that someone would change it beyond the browser default. Thanks for that.

Blueprint is fantastic, it's cut down my development time by a huge amount. Well worth the overhead as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Really nice site. Ties in nicely with the Twitter word limit craze.

One thing I noticed (on Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP) is that the search box text padding is slightly off. The text is just above centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Really nice site. Ties in nicely with the Twitter word limit craze.

One thing I noticed (on Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows XP) is that the search box text padding is slightly off. The text is just above centre.

Thanks buysellswap. I've only tested with firefox 3.6 so I'll take a look at 3.5.

Text padding on input fields is a nightmare to get right on multiple browsers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭leom

Good clean site. Good luck!!

Advertisement