Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeasayer - Odd Blood

Options
  • 10-02-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Great album, although I still prefer All Hour Cymbals. Should be a great gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭MajorThom

Quality. I was a big fan of their 1st album and Im glad to say they haven't suffered from second-album-syndrome. I had "O.N.E" on a constant loop the day I got it and "Madder Red" on all day yesterday. Sign of a good album when your favourite song keeps changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I'm a huge fan of Yeasayer, not too sure of this album though. I like O.N.E. and Ambling alp and thats it really. Maybe a few more listens to it is all I need.
    Looking forward to their Academy gig, anyone know how fast the tickets are selling there?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Moondancer, I got my tix a couple weeks ago and there were only 20 left. I'd say give them a shot now, or turn up real early on the door if it's sold out.

As for the album, I think AHC is far more solid, but this has some absolute belters. I j'adore Ambling Alp and O.N.E. and recently have begun to love The Children (which I hated at first). Songs like Rome however are pretty uncreative and overdone and I'm disappointed at that kind of direction. I understand they wanted to make it poppier than the first album but you know.

Really looking forward to Friday, should be a great show if any of their live clips are to go by. It's a pity they lost the old drummer as the new guy looks like he's doing the most boring job ever, totally sucks the energy out compared to Fasano. Anyone know why he left, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭njals_saga

Liking the album. 'I remember' song of the year so far for me.

• Advertisement

Thanks yevveh, got my ticket a few days ago :) Wasn't taking any chances!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Going to the gig tomorrow night, can't wait ! Anyone know who the special guests are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Only starting listening to the new album today as i'm going to the gig tonihgt. Not bad but i have to agree with the prettyboys from pitchfork that parts aren't great:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13922-odd-blood/

They better play 'Tightrope' or I'll be the one you see running on stage to strangle someone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

FCUK Yeasayer were awesome last night!

Finished the show on a complete high with 'Sunrise' and '2080'. Hope they come back soon. They looked like they really enjoyed themselves (even the drummer!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Kid V wrote: »
    FCUK Yeasayer were awesome last night!

Finished the show on a complete high with 'Sunrise' and '2080'. Hope they come back soon. They looked like they really enjoyed themselves (even the drummer!)

Agree, excellent gig, who were the support act on beforehand I thought they were pretty decent aswell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

They were called Javelin. I didn't really get into them. Live electronic drumming is something you dont see that often.....for a reason!

They were entertaining but that was more to do with the fact that they knowingly played up to the Brooklyn hipster image and less to do with the actual music.

Still cant get over how good Yeasayer were. The new album translates live incredibly well!

Yeasayer were unbelievable last night!! Thank god they played sunrise & 2080! I got to meet Chris and Sinkane, Sinkane ran backstage and got them all to autograph my ticket :D Absolutely brilliant night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I wish I hadn't been so tired last night as after listening to the new songs today I'm liking them more and more. I still can't stand Mondegreen or Rome, though the latter sounded alright last night. Particularly surprised by how good Strange Reunions and Grizelda sounded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sally_09

You HAVE to see them live to really appreciate these guys - check out La Blogotheque where there's a fantastic video of them playing with just a piano in a French apartmnent....fantastic!

sally_09 wrote: »
    You HAVE to see them live to really appreciate these guys - check out La Blogotheque where there's a fantastic video of them playing with just a piano in a French apartmnent....fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8llsiEIvvM0

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

saw them at Queen's student bar in Belfast, amazing band to watch live. ticket price (and booking fee) was half what dublin were charging, beer was cheap, atmosphere was great and cost only 14EUR return with Irish Rail discount code, result!

Advertisement