Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should be charged?

Options
  • 09-02-2010 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

I'd like to do some freelance work for some acquaintances that I have built up over the last while. The problem is that I don't know how much to charge them. The work will encompass multiple social networks (mainly myspace) and also web design.

The work will be ongoing but am unsure of how much there will be. I would rather have a definitive price structure to make the people aware. What should I charge for the design of a myspace page including updates?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

a) How much is an hour of your time worth based on your skills.

b) How long will it take you to do a myspace

(a*b) - what you should consider charging as a general price for a myspace design

Then charge a) as your hourly rate for updates etc.

Only you know your skills and how to value an hour of your time based on your experience and background so it depends what you think is fair.

Advertisement