Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandon Vera v Jon Jones

Options
  • 09-02-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

Its still a while away now and just seen that Vera is 21/10 to beat Jon Jones, I think that is crackin price for vera. I know jones is good but vera is a great fighter as well and is only after a unanimous decision to couture!

Jones is 4/11

Definitely worth a tenner bet early for the price. Any thoughts?

Another bet I feel woud be good is George sotiropoulus @ 21/10 too but less confident as he's fighting joe stevenson. And Mir is 4/6, thinking of lumping on some of these early prices as the accumulator on UFC 109 I was going to do on Thursday which would of been worth 44 went down to 34 onn the Friday!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

bisping is a decent price against wanderlei, it either evens or 5/4:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 rooneyboy

bisping is 6/5 actually, my bad,:) wanderlei 8/13

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

you can get 13/10 on boyles for him, can't see him beating Wandi though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

i see bisping ecking out a decision, picking his shots much like he did against leben.

frank is either gonna win this or get devastatingly K.O'd both results would please me. theres a large part of me that says carwin is just extremely sloppy and gettling lucky. but hes 11-0 and all fights finished in the fist round. He cant be getting that lucky!

oh, and ive got vera to win by vicious knees!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

I'm surprised Jones is such an overwhelming favorite with the bookies BUT I do think he will beat Vera. Not taking anything away from him but I think Jones is amazing. He had no trouble dismantling Matt Hamill, who is a decent fighter...until the illegal elbow of course, which is another debate.

I do think Bisping is worth a punt though.Although I'm going to stay away from betting on it, it's very difficult to call.

I'm going to put a score on Stevenson, Rothwell and Velasquez for a return of €115.

I think that's a great bet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I can see Bisping falling like he did against Hendo :) Wouldn't stick a bet on this fight should be very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

I loveeeeee Vera, Jon Jones is proving to be brilliant though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

I dont think bisping will be able to pick off shots against wanderlei,i see wanderlei going at bisping very agressivley ,cutting off the cage and letting mike have it.It seems wandy is more interested in 'giving the fans a good foyshe' than using strategy,he loves to get in and bang.

i seen jones beating vera by death

Jon Jones all the way, no contest.

He does need to start knocking people out more and being more effective with his striking, as for athleticism and moves, 10/10 but needs to improve striking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Bisping wouldn't have lasted 1 minute with Wandi back in the pride days, but Silva is way past his best, i fancy Bisping to win easy.

Vera and Jones will be a great fight,Jones has beaten decent fighters but Vera is a a big step up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement