Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Normal Dude Versus Trained Fighter

Options
  • 09-02-2010 12:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Quite funny, from Ragin Rick, Phoenix FM DJ in Blanchardstown :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That didn't last too long :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭markfightie

very good!

gym looks well barry, ive only seen it cleared for the fight night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pro Wrestlers arent normal

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

nice clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Co45

I don't know I have a mate who is 19 stone, lean and has been bodybuilding for years. When we were in Canada we decided to go to a day class of jiu jitsu. My mate had never done it before but managed to use his sheer bulk to beat everyone including the instructor. Whenever someone tried to lock him he was able to get out with a sheer burst of strength.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

Co45 wrote: »
    I don't know I have a mate who is 19 stone, lean and has been bodybuilding for years. When we were in Canada we decided to go to a day class of jiu jitsu. My mate had never done it before but managed to use his sheer bulk to beat everyone including the instructor. Whenever someone tried to lock him he was able to get out with a sheer burst of strength.

By the sounds of it the instructor must have been small enough too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Co45 wrote: »

I challenge anyone to get out of an arm bar using sheer strength without doing lasting damage to themself.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Man strength does matter. It just depends how good the technique is and how strong the guy doing it is.

I would not want to try and put an armbar on Marius Pudzinawski (sp.), he'd basically lift you and smash you off the ground if you weren't a top class heavyweight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

lee_ wrote: »
    By the sounds of it the instructor must have been small enough too..

And a dumbass-you dont armbar 19 stone lean bodybuilders, even you are a big guy yourself, you choke them out. Cant strength out of a rear naked choke. I'd say the "instructor" wasn't really an instructor at all.

Advertisement