Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 8, Hour 7 [10 p.m. - 11 p.m.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 09-02-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

If there's one thing I love about "24" is that it at least airs without any breaks, unlike most US shows so woo hoo, new episode today :).

TV.com summary:
    Jack tries to pull Renee out of the undercover operation with Vladimir, but Renee tries to reassure him that she can get the operation done.

President Taylor tries to get answers from President Hassan, who continues his personal war against his opponents including certain members of his own staff.

Dana Walsh has to guide ex-boyfriend and former partner-in-crime, Kevin, to a $100,000 score in a police warehouse. Arlo tries to call Chloe's attention to the situation.

http://www.tv.com/24/day-8-1000-p.m.--1100-p.m./episode/1323906/summary.html?tag=prev_episode;title

Seems like more
    Dana crap in this episode too
    but if that summary is accurate it could be over soon... Looking forward to watching it later :D.

What did you think of Day 8, Hour 7? 22 votes

Jack Bauer's Hour of Power.
    0%
    Walkeriffic.
    40%
    unkelElmoT-b0n3SherifuunreggdMr. Guappatok9InKonspikuou2zimovain 9 votes
    Wake me up when something good happens.
    50%
    MatthewVIIRodVelvetJ-blkwhosedaddy?Mr. KBeanstalkThe BusterMr FreezeMinstrel27Zero-Cooljohnnycnandy 11 votes
    Jack should've gone to LA...
    9%
    DeepBluethe_monkey 2 votes
    Grandpa Jack's nap time.
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Walkeriffic.
    Go Renee:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Nice stabbing action. The scenes with Jack and Renee were super.

I do hope that the two guys get arrested for the robbery in the next hour and Dana gets sent to prison immediately. Spontaneous combustion would work also. That whole storyline is rubbish.

Also rubbish is this peace treaty stuff.

If this continues then this season of 24 is building up to being a whole pile of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ouch poor Jack, that must have hurt alot. Liked this episode,thought it was paced a little slow and those guys in the warehouse were complete twats but I like the cold Russian Villian:
    "Oh somebody calls me enquiring about something that may concern me...better kill them just to make sure! Ouch."

Rating for this episode are slightly up from last week. 24 is still going strong and is consistent.:)
    10.18 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Slow episode but the whole stabbing action in the end was good - Jack pulling the knife out and killing the other Russian guy with it was classic Bauer :D.

Is this the end of the line for Renee? Seems she is no longer needed and she's in for quite the sh**storm back at CTU, explaining what happened to Vlad (ouch!). Hopefully, Dana steps into the interrogation room at some point, Renee snaps again and cuts her to pieces...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Wasn't expecting Renee to kill off there only lead, nice unexpected twist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

J-blk wrote: »
    Hopefully, Dana steps into the interrogation room at some point, Renee snaps again and cuts her to pieces...

Haha, I'm not the only one who hates that one. What a stupid story line, real filler for the series IMO.

Stabbing scene was classic and well needed. Jack's Back!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Haha, I'm not the only one who hates that one.

I don't think there's anyone in the known universe that likes Dana and her moronic storyline :). The sooner it's over, the better...

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

in other movies you die from a single stab wound to the stomach..
    But Jack pulls out knife and takes out the Russian.. a wee bit of dressing and he is up and running... Chuck Norris couldn't have done better.. :D

Can't wait for Jack and Sergei to meet...
    But (Jeez, Juergen Prochnow could have tought Jack some better German tho ;) )

Don't think its the end of Renee.

And maybe the thugs took something from the storehouse that links them into the ongoing plot...

While the whole peace treaty thing is rubbish - yeah the President tells the UK deligate what is going on... didn't they used to have red telephones for those kind of info?

But I like the storyline of Hassan is getting paranoid... lets see who is getting arrested next....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Did anyone feel that Jack recovered extremely quickly from what looked like a serious stabbing? lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Walkeriffic.
    Good episode, liked Renee's freakout [la freak, c'est chic]

Wonder if Jack caught anything from Vlad's blood, potential unavoidable ending right there

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Walkeriffic.
    Classic 24 - me likes :)

Can't wait for the next episode and the unimaginable torture Jack is in for at the hands of the ruskies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A typically superb effort from Jack with the knife throw. I actually cheered a little :o

Surely those two clowns doing the robbery are gonna get caught. CCTV all over the shop and if Dana deletes it it'll be fairly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

unkel wrote: »
    Can't wait for the next episode and the unimaginable torture Jack is in for at the hands of the ruskies :D

Sorry, Producers got so many complaints about the torture scenes throughout the shows history, they promised torture scenes in this season would be toned down and shortened. They wil focus on the story more. Can't remember where I saw that, prob Wiki but I think thye just castrated Jack....Let's see and find out!

I have a feeling the 2 dopes took something important relating to this seasons story (I really hope the rods weren't stashed in that cage!!)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry, Producers got so many complaints about the torture scenes throughout the shows history, they promised torture scenes in this season would be toned down and shortened. They wil focus on the story more. Can't remember where I saw that, prob Wiki but I think thye just castrated Jack....Let's see and find out!

I have a feeling the 2 dopes took something important relating to this seasons story (I really hope the rods weren't stashed in that cage!!)

Yes so far they've managed to stab someone in the eye and cut off a person tongue. Plus...

Season 8 Episode 8
    Jack gets electrocuted. Survives. Pisses off the Russian Mob Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Walkeriffic.
    That was some great entertainment. Stabbing scene & knife throw alone was 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah the knife scene was fantastic. That's how Jack ****ing Bauer rolls.

The side stories on the other hand, are awful. Dana, *yawn* and as for the terrorist who has daddy issues, wtf is that about. Are we expected to feel some sort of emotional attachment to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

cooker3 wrote: »
    Yeah the knife scene was fantastic. That's how Jack ****ing Bauer rolls.

The side stories on the other hand, are awful. Dana, *yawn* and as for the terrorist who has daddy issues, wtf is that about. Are we expected to feel some sort of emotional attachment to this?

I imagine Sergei's son will end up turning on him...maybe helping Jack? Dana's storyline is pretty tiresome though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

That was the best Jack kill yet! Narrowly beating him biting some fella in the neck a few seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Walkeriffic.
    Love the options on the poll. :D

Watching this with my Dad over the last double episodes, he hadn't really watched the series before. He didn't get to see this episode and was asking me what happened. The one episode where loads happened. Great pacing, but I would have liked to have seen Jack's stabbing the end of the show with 11:00 coming up, hahah excellent but hey when Jack has to take a knife out of his stomach to throw at - and kill - a Russian he has to take out a knife from his stomach to kill a Russian. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement