Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting on housing list

Options
  • 08-02-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi

I am just for some information about on getting on the housing list, I am 28 and currently unemployed, i am living at home with my father, it is a 3 bedroom house but there is currently four us living there my father,my brother and my sister and myself. I have to share a room with my sister and this is causing alot of arguments as we have no privacy and space is also an issue. i'm wondering if i would be eligible to go on the housing list and also what is their procedure. I live in the fingal area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Good bit of info at citizensinformation.ie.

Perhaps some others can provide a personal perspective though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Jenn15

yes once you dont earn over the qouta that is set you can go on the list but you'l be waiting years!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Jenn15 wrote: »
    yes once you dont earn over the qouta that is set you can go on the list but you'l be waiting years!

despite the fact you couldn't give away houses these days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was an office lackey in Cork City Council's housing department (over 10 years ago, granted) and for anyone who wished to put their name on the housing list, it was simply a matter of completing an application form, then if they were deemed potentially eligible, an inspection of their current living quarters would be arranged. On the strength of that inspection, the decision to grant them a place on the list or not would be made.

Seems awfully simplistic and straightforward though for a bureaucratic local government office - maybe I missed something?

Advertisement