Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll query on N6

Options
  • 08-02-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

I got charged two different rates on the N6 on the 31st of January in a Motorhome. It was 3.40 euro on the way down and 1.90 on the way back from Galway. I queried this with them and the reply i got today is that the NRA may have a different charge for Motorhomes as this is a new motorway. Its a toll tag that we use, anyone else come across this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Looks like you were charged as a Goods vehicle, contact them and tell them that it's a private vehicle and they should refund the difference.
    At Enfield, the N4 automatic barrier always sets mine at Goods rates, I press the assistance button and they always adjust it down to car rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Bessa wrote: »
    I got charged two different rates on the N6 on the 31st of January in a Motorhome. It was 3.40 euro on the way down and 1.90 on the way back from Galway. I queried this with them and the reply i got today is that the NRA may have a different charge for Motorhomes as this is a new motorway. Its a toll tag that we use, anyone else come across this.
    The same happened me in the early days of the M8 toll at Watergrasshill, I refused point blank to pay the goods price and was let through at the car price. I later phone the NRA and complained, on the return trip there was no problem.
    Here in Ireland and in the UK motor caravans and car/caravan outfits have always been tolled as cars since tolls were first introduced and so far have not been classified separately like in some other European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

After a few more e- mails to Park Magic i got a phone call today to say that they will refund to my account the difference that i was overcharged. It has not happened yet so i will keep up the pressure until it happens.

Advertisement