Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So scared!

Options
  • 08-02-2010 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi ladies, posting this really just to get it off my chest. i'm 10 weeks pregnant on my 2nd this baby was planned but since ive found out i'm pregnant i haven't felt how i expected to feel or anywhere near to how i felt on my lil girl. i think the reason behind it is fear as my lil girl now 2 spent the first year of her life going thru chemotheraphy for treatment of a rare blood disorder its not the type of thing that runs in genes she was just that unfortunate 1 in a million. i know its not likely to happen but i cant get past the feeling that this baby will be sick too i rationalise wit myself that i've more chance of winning the lotto but i cant get past it. then another part of me feels so guilty for my lil girl i feel guilty for having another baby i feel guilty that she will have to share me and guilty for all the little things i will do wit this baby that she wasn't able to do and missed out on lil things like baths cause my daughter had a central line she had to have her chest wrapped in cling film as

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

For some reason the entire post didnt save. the rest really just said when ttc i never imagined id feel like this im emotional and clingy to my husband. i was so strong thru my daughtes illness that all this has knocked me for 6. i just want to add my daughter is doing great and is a perfect 2 yr old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tk2010

elsy wrote: »
    Hi ladies, posting this really just to get it off my chest. i'm 10 weeks pregnant on my 2nd this baby was planned but since ive found out i'm pregnant i haven't felt how i expected to feel or anywhere near to how i felt on my lil girl. i think the reason behind it is fear as my lil girl now 2 spent the first year of her life going thru chemotheraphy for treatment of a rare blood disorder its not the type of thing that runs in genes she was just that unfortunate 1 in a million. i know its not likely to happen but i cant get past the feeling that this baby will be sick too i rationalise wit myself that i've more chance of winning the lotto but i cant get past it. then another part of me feels so guilty for my lil girl i feel guilty for having another baby i feel guilty that she will have to share me and guilty for all the little things i will do wit this baby that she wasn't able to do and missed out on lil things like baths cause my daughter had a central line she had to have her chest wrapped in cling film as

Hun its completely understandable that you would feel this way! Especially after all you've been through but as well as that hormones can effect the way you are feeling as well. Just go easy on yourself, these feelings will pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I agree with the poster above also, your hormones are probably up to 90 at the moment.
    Its understandable that you're going to be anxious after all you went through last time. Don't feel guilty that your little girl is going to have to share you - she's also going to have a gorgeous little brother or sister to share her life with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Your feelings are completely normal. Just realise every baby is different and every experience is different. This will be the best time of your life and once your hormones settle you'll soon start feeling that. Best of luck

Advertisement