Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What stickies do we need?

• 08-02-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Right, so from my experinces on Outdoor Pursuits there are two stickies that would probably be a good idea.

1. How to start out in Canoeing & Kayaking.
    This was probably the most common thread over on OP so it I think it would be a good one here.

2. Useful Links and Resources
    Pretty self explanitory really.

What do you guys think? Anything else that we should include?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I think that is enough to start with and as the forum grows and it's direction naturally becomes clearer , then it can be modified as needs be.Thanks for the effort that you are putting in .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Evil Phil wrote: »

2. Useful Links and Resources
    Pretty self explanitory really.

Official ICU site and Competitive disciplines sites
    Irish Canoe Union
    Irish Canoe Polo
    Irish Slalom Site
    Irishfreestyle
    Irish Surf Kayak site
    Irish Marathon Canoeing
    Irish Wildwater Racing

List of Canoe/Kayak Clubs

Non-Competitive/Whitewater
    Irish Whitewater (has river guides for white-water rivers around the country.

Buy and Sell

I-Canoe
    Greatoutdoors
    Munster Dive and Canoe
    Irishfreestyle buy and sell boats & gear.
    Total Experience

That's all I can think of! I'm sure there are other useful sites out there though. I may type up a "how to start Canoeing/Kayaking" post later if I have time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

If it catches on, you could put the ''What I paddled today'' Thread as a sticky . . .???

The ''Post Info of Events Here'' thread could go up as well, although there may be too many then . . .?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

Just an events calendar and leave people start an individual thread to the race or competition if there is interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I would suggest a "what I intend to paddle next weekend" sticky as it would help people meet up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I think the postinfo of events here needs to stay imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭hertz

I think we could have some Equipment manufacturer website links for the sticky, so people can see what new equipment is available and up coming.

Here are some:
    www.pyranha.com
    www.jacksonkayak.com
    www.peakuk.com
    www.palmequipmenteurope.com

And some International review sites:
    playak.com
    www.kayaksession.com

If it catches on, you could put the ''What I paddled today'' Thread as a sticky . . .???

despite what i said earlier, i dont think its used enough, and its really only taking up space, so maybe it doesnt need to be there . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

despite what i said earlier, i dont think its used enough, and its really only taking up space, so maybe it doesnt need to be there . . .

its a new forum. none of it is used enough yet. it will take time. i like the idea of a "what i paddled" as well as a "what i will be paddling" thread being sticky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It does seem to be getting some traffic, I'm going to leave it stickied for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Maybe refs to some of the other sites out there - and by the way - congrats on getting this set up :)

Training / Rental / Equipment
    Dublin
    > Deep Blue Sea Kayaking >
    > Shearwater

Not sure about the other counties.

Bulletin Boards / Clubs
    ISKA
    Eask Coast Sea Kayaking Club http://www.ecskc.eu/home/index.asp

Des has a good number of link on the Deep Blue site - so referencing him and shearwater should be more than sufficient.

Advertisement